Can someone identify these as Pre or Post ban??

pix202966550.jpg

FIFY

Depends on whose rules you're going by. The one on the left is "iffy" without seeing the front of the mag, the 2 on the right are certainly old enough.

-Mike

My statement is based on the position of the caliber markings. If they are low on the mag, your good to go. If they are high, an there would be room for the LE/Govt. use under the caliber stamp, they were most likely made after the ban.

My statement is based on the position of the caliber markings. If they are low on the mag, your good to go. If they are high, an there would be room for the LE/Govt. use under the caliber stamp, they were most likely made after the ban.

I think Andy nailed this one. Yep the two right ones are pre the left not so much.

Isn't this a stupid discussion to have to be having?

Look I have some x round magazines are they pre or post ban? They hold the same number of rounds who cares when they were made? It's OK because they were made before a date and BAD!!!!!!!!!! if made after a date? Please!

Looks like #4 in the picture but in .40.

All square notch and U notch are pre ban.
All low caliber markings are pre ban.
All mags with the 2 silver circles toward the bottom are pre ban.

The 2 on the right are good. The left can be argued about.

Glock has made no statement about which mags are actually pre ban and which are not. If you ask me, if a glock mag doesn't say restricted/leo only, say .357 sig, or have ambi notches cut, it's preban.

Glock has made no statement about which mags are actually pre ban and which are not. If you ask me, if a glock mag doesn't say restricted/leo only, say .357 sig, or have ambi notches cut, it's preban.
THIS

There is no "authority" on when a mag was made other than the ambi notch mags and the other references above, since the ambi and other features did not exist before the ban. Other than that even Glock will state that due to constant product upgrades they will not state what mag was preban. All of the pics of generations of mags and identifying marks come for people on the internet, not from the manufacturer. If you want to be absolutely safe go with the advice on the posts. IMO any mag without the ambi notch can be argued as preban as it is the same as a Ar mag with NO date. No one knows for sure.

Just so people know, These arent mine to sell, i am inquiring about them from someone else who is selling them. So dont send me a PM asking if you can but them from me.. thanx a pant load!!!!

The two on the right yes for sure, The 1st one is a 3rd Gen when I took glock class I ask the question about Mag in Mass to a 10yr federal LE agent and many yrs working for glock. And the answer was they made 10K 3rd gen mags before the MA mag ban and he couldn't tell you in court at what date a mag was made. So really non-issue would be so hard to tell in court with glock mags. Now with M&P mags they didn't make any before the Ban so that is cut and dry. Its like Hi cap AK mags a million out there you couldn't tell when one was made over the other.

yes..it says DSI in a circle logo..then sanchez ent. Mansfield oh. It has a green follower.

Looks good from here.
Pop the baseplate...some mags have an internal date, about 1" from the bottom of the mag body.
Follower doesn't mean much...lots of upgraded pre-bans with Magpul followers out there.

thank you for the correction [smile]
Happy to help. [smile]

rkwjunior said:
Just so people know, These arent mine to sell, i am inquiring about them from someone else who is selling them. So dont send me a PM asking if you can but them from me.. thanx a pant load!!!!

Don't worry, I got the same PM because I fixed the link you posted lol...

The two on the right yes for sure, The 1st one is a 3rd Gen when I took glock class I ask the question about Mag in Mass to a 10yr federal LE agent and many yrs working for glock. And the answer was they made 10K 3rd gen mags before the MA mag ban and he couldn't tell you in court at what date a mag was made. So really non-issue would be so hard to tell in court with glock mags. Now with M&P mags they didn't make any before the Ban so that is cut and dry. Its like Hi cap AK mags a million out there you couldn't tell when one was made over the other.

Ooops, I forgot about those 10,000 mags! They tooled the machines in anticipation for the AWB. Thousands were made before 9/13/1994. Following that date, Glock put on the LEO markings which went below the high caliber designation.

Back
Top Bottom