Can I sell my AR-15 if I am in Massachusetts within Massachusetts privately?

It's best not to spread rumors.

Fine. A respected member here (if he's watching this he can out himself) asked their booth at Shriners and was told "they're watching FA-10s that are filed and they WILL begin prosecuting"

I've seen his original facebook post and have zero reason to think hes FOS. Not my place to out him though if he hasn't posted it here himself.

Mike

Fine. A respected member here (if he's watching this he can out himself) asked their booth at Shriners and was told "they're watching FA-10s that are filed and they WILL begin prosecuting"

I've seen his original facebook post and have zero reason to think hes FOS. Not my place to out him though if he hasn't posted it here himself.

Mike

Well you'd be pretty dumb to file the FA10 (for a gun bought out of state) at this point...

It's best not to spread rumors.

It's not really a rumor. Whether or not CJIS will actually follow through on that or not is another story, it could be an empty threat. With the volume of shit flowing through there eventually they're going to get tired of looking at forms.

I'm going to get a bunch of lowers engraved with KUMQUAT - SINGLE SHOT RIFLE . [rofl] Or similar nonsense, they can have fun with that shit. [rofl] **** it, might as well just troll them at this point.

Make: Defiance Arms
Model: Massachusetts Sucks ONE

[rofl]

CJIS can't prosecute anyone! It would be up to the PDs and DAs and there is good reason to believe that they will not fall on their swords for the AG when her own words can be used against her in court to make the DA/ADA look like fools.

But for those that believe otherwise, continue to shelter in place.

CJIS can't prosecute anyone! It would be up to the PDs and DAs and there is good reason to believe that they will not fall on their swords for the AG when her own words can be used against her in court to make the DA/ADA look like fools.

One aspect that I find amusing of this missive from CJIS is it implies that they now somehow or another have made "friends" with the AGs office.. In the past they used to pretty much hate
each other. Maybe Healey has a person inside of EOPS now?

-Mike

One aspect that I find amusing of this missive from CJIS is it implies that they now somehow or another have made "friends" with the AGs office.. In the past they used to pretty much hate each other. Maybe Healey has a person inside of EOPS now?

-Mike

Mike, Michaela commented to me that the AG is the "chief law enforcement agency" in the Commiewealth and inferred that they have full access to the databases just like the police. IANAL, but personally I don't see them as a "law enforcement agency", they are the Commiewealth's "law firm" with power to interpret law (as lawyers do) . . . but I'm sure they never vetted that before allowing access.

That's really not the point though, is it?

Let's have a massive swap meet. It'll be a big show of civil disobedience.

I'll sell someone my AR. You sell me yours. An hour later we'll sell 'em back again. Get enough people & a few thousand eFA10's oughta get her panties in a bunch. She can't arrest all of us.

Don't shoot the messenger. I presume that would mean they would facilitate prosecutions, I was quoting.

Mike

Mike,

AFAIK, nobody here is attacking you or any other messenger . . . just the message!

CJIS always has and will provide "evidence" to a prosecuting department from their databases. That is the only way that they can really facilitate prosecutions, short of taking the active position of notifying each PD when a gun is registered to a LTC-holder in their town. I don't think that they have adequate staff to do this pro-actively. Perhaps the AG, with unfettered access to said databases, may be proactively notifying PDs . . . but again there is enough inconsistencies in the AG press conference/memo/FAQ/Q&A/release of Emails to make any PD and DA interested in winning a case, very leery of going down that path based on the AG's re-interpretation of settled law.

I will say however that at least one ADA (who seems sympathetic to our cause) that I have very recently spoken with was totally unaware of the NSSF lawsuit.

OK, now I'm really confused.
“We’re going to continue to do our job as attorney general and make sure people’s rights are upheld and the Constitution, the rule of law, is followed. It’s more important than ever.” -Maura Healey 11/15/2016​
Amazing, isn't it? The state's single biggest tyrant and oppressor by a country mile says she wants to protect people's rights. [thinking]

I guess we don't count as people. [banghead]

Mike,

AFAIK, nobody here is attacking you or any other messenger . . . just the message!

CJIS always has and will provide "evidence" to a prosecuting department from their databases. That is the only way that they can really facilitate prosecutions, short of taking the active position of notifying each PD when a gun is registered to a LTC-holder in their town. I don't think that they have adequate staff to do this pro-actively. Perhaps the AG, with unfettered access to said databases, may be proactively notifying PDs . . . but again there is enough inconsistencies in the AG press conference/memo/FAQ/Q&A/release of Emails to make any PD and DA interested in winning a case, very leery of going down that path based on the AG's re-interpretation of settled law.

I will say however that at least one ADA (who seems sympathetic to our cause) that I have very recently spoken with was totally unaware of the NSSF lawsuit.

Given the amount of errors in their database (from reading where people have requested their list of guns, etc.), I wonder how often the database is really used in prosecutions, if at all? Seems like the defense could tear apart the accuracy of the database.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom