Can I hold onto someone else's guns

Happened to a friend of mine years ago. His wife told him pretty much the same thing. About week later he was outside raking leaves and three Police cars pulled up. His wife reported he pulled a gun on her and wanted him out of the house. They cuffed him. Cops wanted to seize the guns and the wife brought them inside the house and pointed them to the closet where he kept a couple shotguns and a rifle. Said he had just pointed a gun at her and then put it away.

But guess what? No guns. He had already moved them to his Dad's house.They searched the house and found nothing. Cops threatened her with filing a false police report. Un-cuffed him and apologized to him and left.

Your buddy is clearly a ninja. Good on him for thinking ahead.

In Mass? The judge will probably laugh at him because he has the wrong chromosomes. The gender discrimination in MA courts WRT DV issues is mind numbing, but nobody gives a flying **** if a male is ever an actual victim, or if a easy to prove false claim is made against a male.

-Mike

I can't agree with this strongly enough.

I thought that there might be some exaggeration on the subject. I thought there might be just a little bit of bias toward "protecting" women vs protecting men.

I just sat through court for a friend and watched the parade of ROs go through. Women granted initial and extended ROs with little to no threat of violence, coached through the procedure, with a victim/witness advocate sitting right next to them and feeding them the specific words to use.

I'll give you one guess as to whether the lone male there requesting an RO got one. One more guess as to whether he was given an advocate.

Seriously, completely disgusting. I mentioned it to my normally quiet, MA-loving wife, and was treated to a tirade on the particular subject such as I rarely hear from her. Thank goodness for that, at least.

OP, your nephew needs to get those gone, and needs to get a lawyer, NOW. And even if he's laughed out of court, if he can document a threat of any type, he needs to get in there and at least attempt the RO so that there's some documentation. It'll be better for him in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom