can I have ammo shipped to me in Mass.?

OP, also look at the bottom of this thread for a list of prior threads with the same question.
How dare you.
2040294-hre5vpu5-v4.jpg

Since a list of companies that ship ammo to MA is prohibited per forum rules, perhaps a list of companies that DON'T ship to MA would be a useful thing. If a company is on the list, you already know they don't ship to MA and don't have to waste tike digging into it.

OP, There is nothing illegal about shipping ammo to MA. Many online dealers will not simply because of the intimidation brought on by the state itself, and by MA FFL’s that want to hose you on ammo prices (although most everybody is trying to hose you these days).

Scan a copy of your permit and attach that to an email or your order. There just so happens to be a place not far that is quite competitive, or at least as competitive as they can be in these times. Sign up for a membership here (go green as others have mentioned) and do some research. You might just find a thread about somebody delivering again and you can post there about your buying experience.

If you have ammo shipped here, and are involved in a self defense shooting, they'll find out you got your ammo out of state, like someone with murder in their heart would.
Great, not only do I have to worry about my gun being on the roster, I also have to worry about where I got the ammo. I can't keep up with all these rules, I think I'm going to just turn them all in at the next gun by back and buy a whistle.

View: https://youtu.be/oTA_B38IDXw

Yes. Plenty of online retailers who will ship ammo to your door. They will most likely require proof that you’re not a prohibited person, like a copy of your LTC. Most allow you to create a saved profile/account and upload your LTC to keep on file.

17 places online, only found 4 that would ship to me in mass. nevada, arizona, alabama. target sports, conn., ordered friday 10am, was at my doorstep saturday noon, wow. 10 boxes cheapo wolf brand 9mm 115 fmj, steel case, came out to $17.53 box/50 w/shipping, tax (?). Im disabled, tough to pick up empty cases, figured Id try a long handled magnet for pick up as some local ranges require/suggest. Like the sweeper-type magnets roofers use.

17 places online, only found 4 that would ship to me in mass. nevada, arizona, alabama. target sports, conn., ordered friday 10am, was at my doorstep saturday noon, wow. 10 boxes cheapo wolf brand 9mm 115 fmj, steel case, came out to $17.53 box/50 w/shipping, tax (?). Im disabled, tough to pick up empty cases, figured Id try a long handled magnet for pick up as some local ranges require/suggest. Like the sweeper-type magnets roofers use.
I think there’s more vendors who do ship to MA than don’t at this point.
I successfully got a new vendor to ship to MA just a couple weeks ago. The website said no shipping to MA but I emailed them asking if I provided my state issued LTC which is required to possess/buy guns and ammo in MA, can you ship. I also made sure to mention other vendors like TSUSA, Larry, the Ram etc all ship to MA If they have copy of LTC - that way they might feel more comfortable…

Their response:
“Regarding state shipping regulations
to send the order in MA we need your drivers license and LTC. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach us out any time.
Best regards”

The next minor issue was that their checkout system didn’t have MA as an option. So I emailed them. Then 20 minutes later they emailed me saying it’s all set and I was able to place the order.

Great company. Already bought some x39 and 223 from them. Good prices.

I dunno about that. I tend to reload brass and throw away the steel. It's my understanding, (and I may be way off base), that the steel is harder to cycle through your press, and risks scratching your dies if it's dinged. There's also apparently the potential for Berdan as opposed to Boxer primers - although I can't tell from my quick google if this is for both pistol and rifle and rifle only.

I dunno about that. I tend to reload brass and throw away the steel. It's my understanding, (and I may be way off base), that the steel is harder to cycle through your press, and risks scratching your dies if it's dinged. There's also apparently the potential for Berdan as opposed to Boxer primers - although I can't tell from my quick google if this is for both pistol and rifle and rifle only.

these wolf brand ones are berdan primed, but my reloading days are long gone, just casual shooting now. never shot steel cased ammo b4. used to reload 38, 357, 44mag. these were cheapest, $14.99 box50 b4 shipping/tax. hope the empties really will stick to a magnet well.

these wolf brand ones are berdan primed, but my reloading days are long gone, just casual shooting now. never shot steel cased ammo b4. used to reload 38, 357, 44mag. these were cheapest, $14.99 box50 b4 shipping/tax. hope the empties really will stick to a magnet well.

Ah, you're picking up cases just to be tidy, not for reloading. I misunderstood.

Yes, the magnet will pick up the steel cases. I use one of them to remove steel cases from the ones I'm about to reload. About 3 inches in diameter, came from Lowes/HD in a fitting that you can screw a handle into.

I think there’s more vendors who do ship to MA than don’t at this point.
I successfully got a new vendor to ship to MA just a couple weeks ago. The website said no shipping to MA but I emailed them asking if I provided my state issued LTC which is required to possess/buy guns and ammo in MA, can you ship. I also made sure to mention other vendors like TSUSA, Larry, the Ram etc all ship to MA If they have copy of LTC - that way they might feel more comfortable…

Their response:
“Regarding state shipping regulations
to send the order in MA we need your drivers license and LTC. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach us out any time.
Best regards”

The next minor issue was that their checkout system didn’t have MA as an option. So I emailed them. Then 20 minutes later they emailed me saying it’s all set and I was able to place the order.

Great company. Already bought some x39 and 223 from them. Good prices.
Don't mind sending copy of LTC but why the Drivers license. I would not send drivers info. Was a victim of ID fraud and would not wish that on anyone

Don't mind sending copy of LTC but why the Drivers license. I would not send drivers info. Was a victim of ID fraud and would not wish that on anyone
Not sure why they would want a copy of your Drivers License??? But other than your height and weight what is on your DL that is not on you LTC?

Now back in the day when your DL number was the same as your Social Security number then I would say no way. ID theft was most likely the reason they changed that. I get what you are saying though, there are too many other places that will ship with just an LTC to deal with that extra layer of nonsense.

Not sure why they would want a copy of your Drivers License??? But other than your height and weight what is on your DL that is not on you LTC?

Now back in the day when your DL number was the same as your Social Security number then I would say no way. ID theft was most likely the reason they changed that. I get what you are saying though, there are too many other places that will ship with just an LTC to deal with that extra layer of nonsense.
Think I just found yet another source. Can’t confirm until I receive the ammo. But I did have to upload copy of LTC during checkout.

Back
Top Bottom