Cambridge experiences w/ SBR & MG License?

I know, I know the People's Republic of Cambridge is not the place to live if you want to own firearms but, after living in Boston (where you cannot even own a pre-ban rifle) it's a dream come true to be able to own an AR or HK rifle.
I did a search but could not find any actual responses to requests for info getting CLEO sign-off on SBR paperwork or the possibility of a Machine Gun license.
I already have my C&R (for the MG license requirement- I know some Chiefs don't care) and am looking to expand my collection beyond pistols.

Any info (other than move to Vermont [smile] ) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Craig

I have a secondary question:

Say he does apply for a green card and is denied, does he have to list that as a denial on all future LTC renewals or does it not count because it's not officially a "carry" license?

Probably do have to list it. Not 100% certain without reading exact wording, but to avoid issues of perjury or suitability, I'd probably answer yes with an explanation.

I talked to a LEO in my town (Waltham) about "green cards" and his thoughts were don't even bother unless you think you can convince the chief to do something he really doesn't want to.

Arioch said:
I talked to a LEO in my town (Waltham) about "green cards" and his thoughts were don't even bother unless you think you can convince the chief to do something he really doesn't want to.

I would agree with this. Many chiefs will NOT issue a MG License no matter what, and it is a waste of $100 (application fee, not license fee, no refunds), your time, and leaves a "denial" to deal with forever . . . unless you get an indication that your chief will indeed sign off on it in advance of applying.

Cambridge, you must be joking right?

I thought they don't even give out Class A/ALPs. If that's the case, you can
more than likely forget about a green card.

SBRs/SBSs/AOWs do not have to go through a CLEO. You can circumvent the
CLEO signoff by forming a trust or a corporation which will own the
gun. You can do this for MGs, too, but obviously you need the green card,
and that -does- need the CLEO to approve you getting the license at least.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom