Calls mount to drop charges against woman who shot leo during raid

"We announced ourselves in the dead of night, through a few walls and some white noise."

Speaking and being heard are two different things.
I'd like to see the stats on what evidence was gained from an investigation using a no knock raid that wouldn't have otherwise been obtained through a less aggressive means.
As far a catching a suspect..... they can sit on a guy for a day or two and pick him up in a location that doesn't put others at risk. Takes more time, but they're not expending all kinds of resources like they do with a SWAT team.

Why does the DEA need a no-knock middle of the night raid for a marijuana dealer?

If Diamonds was moving the kind of volume that the DEA would get involved, doesn't seem like something she could flush, or that DEA couldn't wait and grab Ford & Gantt in daylight.
Massive Crash in bust to scare him into giving up his supplier. The only ones that end up going to to prison are the little fish that don't know anything.

If she knew about the drugs, she is still on the hook for illegal gun possession and the drugs. But the DA still has to prove she knew, not that she should have known. [after thought: Why would a drug dealer call 911 if thought people were breaking in? I would think that proves she was unaware drug dealing the dude was involved in. Q: Did he try to tell her not to call 911?]
At least the shooting charge must be dropped.

Last edited:
If they really wanted to document the truth, they would have at least one officer recording the "announcement". But they don't. Because they don't actually announce themselves. And if they do. They don't wait long enough for someone to let them in.
Yet another practice that's gonna backfire as hidden door cams become ever more prevalent.

Right or wrong, uniform or no, you kick down enough doors in the dead of night, I don’t care what you are, or are not, yelling, you are eventually going to get your ticket punched. As a wise man once said “Dying ain’t much of a living...”

You want to do no knocks? You’d better be willing to accept the risk. Whatever else this person may have done wrong, you can hardly call foul on someone for going instantly to defcon 1 when they are awoken by crashing, screaming, and general chaos.

Two quotes in one post? Sure, why not...

For they sow the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind.

Dont deal drugs, problem solved
Door kicking SWAT raids for non-violent offenses are not proportional. Especially for something innocuous as pot. Even if pot and dealing pot is illegal in Florida, this level of response it not justified. If we validate this, we accept this type of over response for practically any offense.

Any Leo who finds their way into my house during the night may be shot dead. That is their families issue. Stay the f out of our homes in the middle of the night unless you want your children to burry you. No exceptions you know the risks.

If I hear sounds in my house in the darkness in the middle of the night, I'm not going to be waiting to meet eye to eye. End qualified immunity and some of these guys are going to actually have to think before acting.

I'd like to see the stats on what evidence was gained from an investigation using a no knock raid that wouldn't have otherwise been obtained through a less aggressive means.
As far a catching a suspect..... they can sit on a guy for a day or two and pick him up in a location that doesn't put others at risk. Takes more time, but they're not expending all kinds of resources like they do with a SWAT team.
yeah but then they don't get to dress up in all the cool shit and pretend they are badass operators in the middle of the night!

Am I the only one who sends out used motor oil for analysis? I do it every 50K to check wear.

Dont deal drugs, problem solved
are you that dumb?? Do you know how often police serve no-knock warrants on the wrong home? Or when the person they are looking for isn't home?

A friend of mine who is a cop is VERY critical of these raids. He calls it boys getting to play soldier.
When you have a really high risk person you watch him and grab him when he comes out of Stop and Shop, or work, or even his home to get into his car. But that takes too long and doesn't involve buying ind playing with Lenco Bearcats and body armor and doesn't give you an excuse to shoot someone's dog.

Door kicking SWAT raids for non-violent offenses are not proportional. Especially for something innocuous as pot. Even if pot and dealing pot is illegal in Florida, this level of response it not justified. If we validate this, we accept this type of over response for practically any offense.
If you think about it, in today's world of de-criminalized pot. The only real thing a pot dealer is guilty of is paying the state its Vig for the privilege of selling pot.

Remember when Ragsdale (car dealer) shot a cop in his house? His money was enough to scare off the prosecution, but not enough to get his LTC back.

Remember when Ragsdale (car dealer) shot a cop in his house? His money was enough to scare off the prosecution, but not enough to get his LTC back.
Right. “This guy clearly understands his rights, therefore we should revoke them.”

are you that dumb?? Do you know how often police serve no-knock warrants on the wrong home? Or when the person they are looking for isn't home?

A friend of mine who is a cop is VERY critical of these raids. He calls it boys getting to play soldier.
When you have a really high risk person you watch him and grab him when he comes out of Stop and Shop, or work, or even his home to get into his car. But that takes too long and doesn't involve buying ind playing with Lenco Bearcats and body armor and doesn't give you an excuse to shoot someone's dog.
There is a reason you serve warrants at the house. Stopping a car can lead to all kinds of issues. The whole point is to isolate the person where no one else is in the line of fire.

I'm not saying people don't do it wrong. I've done it both ways, with non-violent offenders, a traffic stop will work. Someone looking at serious time, he's behind the wheel of a 5k pound weapon. At best you have to resort to shooting, at worst he breaks containment and puts others at risk. Yes, I've sat outside a house for 17 hours, it sucks, he eventually just walked out, no injuries to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom