• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Calling all AK-47 experts...

Fooped

Resident HK Guru
Hey everyone,

A cople of quick questions regarding my new (to me) SLR-95 Arsenal AK that I bought from one of our esteemed moderators. I'd like to put a skeleton/Magpul style stock on it, and all I can seem to find on the web are side folders and/or M4-style telescoping stocks. Needless to say, this rifle is post ban, and... well... you know.[angry]

So... I'd like to put a cool stock on it to lengthen the pull and also add some pizazz to the back end of the gun. I called Magpul and they don't make anything for it. Tapco only has side folders and M4 types. Impact guns has zippo, and nothing on the boards I looked at gave me a solid idea of what the stock mounting differences are on a milled receiver versus a stamped.

Also, is the front top and bottom handguard size the same as the stamped variants? Is the pistol grip mounting pattern the same? I figured I'd find this info pretty readlily, but no such luck.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, as I'm trying to get this little devil into good shape for the Great Pumpkin Massacre '07. [grin]

Thanks!

Last edited:
+1 on both BJB and Ace. I've bought from both of them and they are top notch.

Edit: Oh yeah... as for the handguards... check out this site:
http://www.ultimak.com/BuyAK.htm

even if you don't want one of those, it will give you an idea if your hand guards are different

Last edited:
If I had the cash I would have grabbed that AK in a second, but I had other plans for it:

http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/2aprod/1zAKproduct.html

IMO when it comes to AK types, plastic has no business being there. After all, like the man said...

comrade.jpg

[smile]

In order to install the Ace kits/stocks, the receiver tangs need to be cut off... there's no going back once you do that.

Pistol grips are interchangeable.

Milled and stamped lower handguards are different. The "tab" on the rear that slips in between the receiver and front trunnion is larger on the stamped version.

IIRC there are some wood furniture kits out there that have
longer LOP than the standard warsaw pact stuff. I'd look into
that first.

You could also take off the buttplate and try to find a rubber
"wuss-pad" that will fit on the end of it, which might add a half inch
or more depending on the pad.

-Mike

IIRC there are some wood furniture kits out there that have longer LOP than the standard warsaw pact stuff. I'd look into that first.

A NATO length stock is about 1" - 1 1/4" longer.

You could also take off the buttplate and try to find a rubber
"wuss-pad" that will fit on the end of it, which might add a half inch
or more depending on the pad.

-Mike

This type slips right over the buttplate...

http://www.fseusa.com/product_info.php?cPath=95&products_id=339

Good suggestion everyone! I appreciate the sharing of knowledge.

The bummer is, I've left 2 or 3 messages each for BlackJack and Ace and still have yet to receive a call back. [angry]

I wanna spend some money for Pete's sake.

Duly noted. No wood for me thanks. Plastic, polymer, steel and lots of rails, clamps, optics and lasers thank you.

But to each his own.... [smile]

And the wood stocks on some of your guns are truly impressive.

Back
Top Bottom