CALDWELL SOUND RIGHT E85 STEREO MUFF Model #162-697

Can anyone help me with battery installation on my Caldwell Ear's? I checked the package for directions, which there were none. I then jumped onto the 'Net to find a manual, and the only one I came across was for an older model that housed the batteries in the control side of the Muffs, which is not applicable to my ear-protection. [thinking]
I did check the non-controlled side of the Muffs, peeling off the ear cushion, followed by the gray foam and saw the spots in which the batteries should go. Does the outer plastic part "snap off", so I then can place the batteries inside, or should I unscrew the inner black plastic part, attempt to pull that out, then fit the batteries into place? I really don't want to screw this up [angry2], so if anyone has any info or perhaps a manual (pdf) that I didn't come across, I would be most appreciative.

I think that's the model I have. 2 AA's go in the non-control side. The black ring of foam is attached to a black plastic ring that is snapped in tight to the ear cup. I do mean tight. I used the thinnest screwdriver I have to pop it off. It's easier now that I've done it a few times.

-= chuck

Back
Top Bottom