• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Savage Model 10 10-round magazines

Hi all,

I'm about to invest in a Savage FCP-SR, 20" in 308. Just bought the SWFA SS scope and rings for it.

I'm looking for magazines and I only see 1 on midway (https://www.midwayusa.com/product/6...10ba-308-winchester-10-round-steel-blue-matte). for $99.

Any one have suggestions on where to find them? are there better ones? I'd like 5 or so, but I'm not ready to shell out $500 for magazines just yet.

Thanks,
Matt

You do realize that the 10 BA has a completely different stock, don't you? You better be sure they work in your rifle. I kinda doubt it.

Home of the Savage junkies....

www.savageshooters.com

Someone there will have the answers. IIRC, there was a change in the magazines and bottom metal on the FCP-SR recently (last year?) but I don't remember the details.

ETA: Almost forgot - Savage's parts finder will be useful once you have the rifle in hand to enter the serial number. Their parts database corrects for running production changes based on serial number. They usually have good prices on their mags, too.

Last edited:
Home of the Savage junkies....

www.savageshooters.com

Someone there will have the answers. IIRC, there was a change in the magazines and bottom metal on the FCP-SR recently (last year?) but I don't remember the details.

ETA: Almost forgot - Savage's parts finder will be useful once you have the rifle in hand to enter the serial number. Their parts database corrects for running production changes based on serial number. They usually have good prices on their mags, too.

Perfect! Thanks!

As it turns out, I stopped in a shop yesterday and they had a great deal on a HogHunter... a different rifle, but such a deal. I had to buy it... Optics arrive tomorrow. Need to pick out a decent stock for it now.

Back
Top Bottom