Cabelas in E Hartford report jun 8.

As I was in Cabelas yesterday to buy some things on my birthday before I drove out to meet a buddy at his range, I noticed about 40 Mosin Nagants and a flyer which read:
"The russians are back and just in time for FATHERS DAY!
Mosin-Nagant M91/30 rifles chambered in 7.62x54R (SKU 02994811)
World War II relic famous for defeating the German assault of Stalingrad."
Price $169.99.

(PS I took a picture of the flyer, thats how I remember what it said lol.)

They also had milsurp ammo cans of 30-06 for (if I remember correctly) $409.99
I am not sure if they had any surplus 7.62x54R but they did have some Tulammo 7.62.

One thing which caught my eyes were their caliber specific scopes and their Competition Series cleaning kits. For $19.99 in store or $9.99 online you could buy a complete cleaning kit specific for the caliber/type of firearm. I picked up a .22 rifle and 9mm/.357 pistol kit. These will be great for us preppers and Minutemen (or all shooters). Here is the link for those interested: Cabela's Competition Series Caliber Specific Cleaning Kit : Cabela's

Cabelas has ammo purchase limits in effect.
-5 boxes per person per day of centerfire pistol or rifle cartridges. I am not sure what the limit for rimfire and shotgun shells were, I would assume the same but I am not 100% sure.

They didn't have much 9mm ammo in stock and I could not find any .22LR, .22WMR or .17HMR. They did have plenty of 40S&W, 45ACP, .223/5.56, Olin military 12ga 00buck, and plenty of shot shells except in .410. The only .410 they were in abundace of was Winchester PDX.

I would have bought a Nagant if I had the money available to purchase on as well as 1,000 rnds of ammo for it between now and when I would pick it up. I wouldn't mind waiting the 14 days because I live 30mins from Cabelas.

Thanks, hope some of you found this useful.[mg]
-Dave

We like Cabelas.

They make our sport look good.

The bravery of the peasants who defeated the Nazi's is impressive. The Nazi's called themselves the "Master Race" (LOL) and ended up getting their land divided and occupied by the parents of the children they murdered.

100382242_SUMMS_04_248091c.jpg

We like Cabelas.

They make our sport look good.

The bravery of the peasants who defeated the Nazi's is impressive. The Nazi's called themselves the "Master Race" (LOL) and ended up getting their land divided and occupied by the parents of the children they murdered.

100382242_SUMMS_04_248091c.jpg

My one and only complaint with Cabelas is that some of their items are wayyy over priced. *Correction of above mentioned cleaning kits, in store they were $9.99, I checked my receipt and noticed my error.* IMO $169 for a Nagant in 8/10 - 9/10 condition isn't too high, I would pay it but from what I hear, they can be found cheaper.

In regards to the peasants who deafeated the Nazis, when you are required to fight for your life and your way of life, fight to protect everything you have accomplished, your family, village/town, and when your motherland is being invaded by hordes of tanks and well armed infantrymen...I bet you would do exactly what the Russian "peasants" did in WW2. I know I would.
Tanks and bombs can destroy buildings, enemy soldiers can break through defenses, but the "Will of the people" can never be destroyed or broken.

Back
Top Bottom