C&R FFL not recognized by dealer in NH

It’s bad when the guy(s) behind the counter pound chest and say I KNOW MA LAWS!!! Then continue spew incorrect bullshit. Id rather the shop guy/ owner just come out and say cuz fook MA.

This was posted April 27, 2019 on Northeast Shooters Page #8 about Shooters Outpost opening a new store in Amherst, NH

"FID & buy all the Ammo in the place. No FID/ no ammo. It does prevent ammunition from my store to be on your streets by the people that you wouldn’t want to be in public with your family. It has little to do with your AG. To prevent the accusations of profiling, we ask everyone to see the FID/or LTC. There has been more than you could ever imagine. No card holder has ever left without ammunition or compliant long guns they’ve wanted. You folks think it’s about you, it’s about the ones that can’t get what you have. If I just sold to everyone without asking, you’d be more pissed off if one of those “bad” sales ended up with it being unlawful to shop on this side of the border or your family were victimized by one of those scum. Come work for a week, I’ll show you some that would scare the shit out of you!"

Shooters-Hooksett, Monday at 10:37 PM Report

#225/242

I have saved this for threads like this.

Prob a stupid question, but has a business in one state ever been sued by an AG in another state for something thats lawful in state A but not in state B?

This was posted April 27, 2019 on Northeast Shooters Page #8 about Shooters Outpost opening a new store in Amherst, NH

"FID & buy all the Ammo in the place. No FID/ no ammo. It does prevent ammunition from my store to be on your streets by the people that you wouldn’t want to be in public with your family. It has little to do with your AG. To prevent the accusations of profiling, we ask everyone to see the FID/or LTC. There has been more than you could ever imagine. No card holder has ever left without ammunition or compliant long guns they’ve wanted. You folks think it’s about you, it’s about the ones that can’t get what you have. If I just sold to everyone without asking, you’d be more pissed off if one of those “bad” sales ended up with it being unlawful to shop on this side of the border or your family were victimized by one of those scum. Come work for a week, I’ll show you some that would scare the shit out of you!"

Shooters-Hooksett, Monday at 10:37 PM Report

#225/242

I have saved this for threads like this.

Riskl Aversion Strategy = "even if there's a PERCEPTION of an .000000002% chance of a lawsuit based on something you sell, don't sell something. " It's box store nickel diming BS. Instead of complaining about it, its easier to just forget about the few dealers who won't service your needs and patronize ones that will. The dealers who have these policies are NEVER going to change., It's functionally no different than like asking "Why doesn't Walmart sell 9mm anymore?" etc. Because tthey're a bunch of pussies and think that the virtue signal gains them more than loses, etc. blah blah. I say this.,.. who gives a shit? move onto stores that will service your needs. There are plenty of gun retailers that have attorneys that arent shit and/or don't make decisions off being askeeered of boogeymen or boogeywomen etc.
Jim has posted on here before about his experience getting sued by the MA AG and how as a value proposition it isn't worth selling things that are even questionable in MA to MA residents. If memory serves, this was before Shooter's opened.

Prob a stupid question, but has a business in one state ever been sued by an AG in another state for something thats lawful in state A but not in state B?
There are sporadic cases of FFLs being fined (well, agreeing to pay a fine) and maybe even losing a license, but most of the lawsuits are against large companies and not necessarily for FFL regulated items. For example: the NY AG suing Brownells, Rainer Arms, and a few other companies for supposedly selling unfinished frames/receivers to NY residents when it was not legal to do so.

The problem with risk aversion in the firearm industry is that no matter how many IDs you scan, other states' laws you try to enforce, and internal compliance measures you take, if an AG from NY, or CT, or MA is hellbent on suing you, you're going to get sued. You don't get bonus points or a pass from Letitia James because you tried really hard to be a good dealer. Anyone who has or had an FFL w/ a retail operation and a competent insurance company is told this by their agent. Simply put: it's a business with a higher-than-average risk profile, which is why you take all the steps possible to minimize your personal exposure.

But again, the best solution is to (a) not give these places your time or money and (b) tell others not to give them their time and money.

My two cents has always been that it's hard enough to follow the never ending list of federal laws, rulings, and interpretations. Making up my own rules to cut my absolute risk from 0.01 to 0.001% is madness.

The problem with risk aversion in the firearm industry is that no matter how many IDs you scan, other states' laws you try to enforce, and internal compliance measures you take, if an AG from NY, or CT, or MA is hellbent on suing you, you're going to get sued. You don't get bonus points or a pass from Letitia James because you tried really hard to be a good dealer. Anyone who has or had an FFL w/ a retail operation and a competent insurance company is told this by their agent. Simply put: it's a business with a higher-than-average risk profile, which is why you take all the steps possible to minimize your personal exposure.

But again, the best solution is to (a) not give these places your time or money and (b) tell others not to give them their time and money.

My two cents has always been that it's hard enough to follow the never ending list of federal laws, rulings, and interpretations. Making up my own rules to cut my absolute risk from 0.01 to 0.001% is madness.
Look at Chester Arms! Sale was TOTALLY by the book, and some shitbag cop sues him in Civil Court!

Shooters refused to sell me a black powder revolver even with a Ma Ltc which isn’t required for black powder firearms anyway .
I asked if they did transfers to Ma through a Ma FFL , they said yes we do but we would prefer to sell it in our store to one of our customers. I said “ I’m a customer and I’m in your store right now” I’ll pay for it and then send it to them . They said try back in a couple weeks and if we still have it then maybe we can do something.
I said forget it stick it up your a-; along with your store policy . I’ve been done with them since .

Various remote retailers have been threatened by the AGs office in the distant past (I'm talking over 10 yrs here) and these retailers obviously have shitty attorneys, said shitty attorneys get them to sign the AGs consent decree enema which they do certain things in exchange for not getting prosecuted or the civil suit not proceeding. Its basically a shitty form of lawfare. Once in awhile though its worth knowing someone wins, like as a point of contrast its obvious that TSUSA and a couple other bigs told the AG to politely f*** off, because now they sell stuff like ammo here with a few basic requirements. I suspect its because they had an attorney and were willing to escalate rather than cower.

It’s bad when the guy(s) behind the counter pound chest and say I KNOW MA LAWS!!! Then continue spew incorrect bullshit. Id rather the shop guy/ owner just come out and say cuz fook MA.
Remember, dealers are authority figures and their authoritah must be respected.

willing to es$calate rather than cower.
I fixed the spelling for you.

1716760086089.png

Back
Top Bottom