C and R process

I was just wondering what the process was in getting a C and R. THe ATF site just says that you send the application in with the 30 dollar charge. Are there any more things that need to be done. I am thinking about getting one. Someone once told me that there was an interview with and ATF Agent, but I have not heard that since. Any body gotten one recently that could shed some light on the process. Thanks.

I was just wondering what the process was in getting a C and R. THe ATF site just says that you send the application in with the 30 dollar charge. Are there any more things that need to be done. I am thinking about getting one. Someone once told me that there was an interview with and ATF Agent, but I have not heard that since. Any body gotten one recently that could shed some light on the process. Thanks.

Please do a Search (button at top of forum) for "C&R", there is a lot of info already here on the forum.

In NY, I have heard of some folks getting visits form BATF Before they would issue a C&R FFL. It's largely unheard of in almost all other areas of the Country, even in Communist PRM we just get the C&R in the USMail with no visits or calls by anyone.

You need to follow some rules, log ALL C&R acquisitions (no matter how made) in a log book. You also have to log ALL C&R disposals in the same log book. You need to submit a copy of the application to your local chief of police (or equivalent) as an FYI (most chiefs probably "round file" them).

No big deal to get and gives tremendous benefits.

Please do a Search (button at top of forum) for "C&R", there is a lot of info already here on the forum.

In NY, I have heard of some folks getting visits form BATF Before they would issue a C&R FFL. It's largely unheard of in almost all other areas of the Country, even in Communist PRM we just get the C&R in the USMail with no visits or calls by anyone.

You need to follow some rules, log ALL C&R acquisitions (no matter how made) in a log book. You also have to log ALL C&R disposals in the same log book. You need to submit a copy of the application to your local chief of police (or equivalent) as an FYI (most chiefs probably "round file" them).

LenS said:

I did a search for C&R and a bunch of other possible terms, C&R cam e back with no matches, Curios and Relics cam e back with a huge amount of results, too many to try to search through. Maybe I did it wrong.

LenS said:

I did a search for C&R and a bunch of other possible terms, C&R cam e back with no matches, Curios and Relics cam e back with a huge amount of results, too many to try to search through. Maybe I did it wrong.

LenS said:

C-pher said:
I got mine about a year ago. I never had an interview with the ATF.
This is hearsay but I have "heard" that New York residents applying for a C&R do have an interview with a BATF Agent.

C-pher said:
This is hearsay but I have "heard" that New York residents applying for a C&R do have an interview with a BATF Agent.

C-pher said:

Jon,

I've seen posts on the C&R eList from people who have been visited, so I'd guess that this is SOP in at least some parts of NY.

For the OP and others: This is NOT SOP elsewhere and almost never done TTBOMK.

Jon,

I've seen posts on the C&R eList from people who have been visited, so I'd guess that this is SOP in at least some parts of NY.

Jon,

Back
Top Bottom