Buying multiple handguns in same week, some ffl some efa10.

So what does it mean if your flagged for buying too many guns in a week? If your just buying to buy and your not up to no good than all should be ok?

I've gotten a call from my friendly regional agent after a few too many multiples. And just for context, my LGS always gave me a heads up that they were filing the multiple form, and I never worried.

The call was brief and amicable. Told them yes, I bought a lot of guns in Jan because I like guns and got good deals. He asked if I sold any - I asked who the heck sells a gun? He advised if I do sell any of my collection ensure I go through an FFL or keep records of receiver's info / FFL info just in case. I said thanks and that was it.

Now if you had a few multiples with 20 hi-points or Glocks, it might be a different story...

My friend in NH bought like 5 in a week and his FFL got a call by the ATF and wanted more info on him.
The dummy should have stopped by probate court and legally changed his name to "Mohamed Abdul al-Jihadi" - or something similar - just prior to his week-long spending spree....
(The phone would've never rung).

Just sayin'

One time I bought multiple handguns at once then went back 3 days later and made another mulitple purchase... the second purchase went further review, then denied.. only time ive ever been denied.rather than appeal it i just had the ffl resubmit it the next day and it went through and i left with my stuff.

You were *denied*, or *delayed*?

So if I buy a gun personally from a seller on EFA10, should I wait 5 business days to purchase a new handgun from a LGS. I don't want to throw up any flags or alarm the better half of my shopping spree.

You're thinking about this way too hard.

eFA10 isn't connected to FFL's 4473 at all. The only way you'll get "reported" is if the state looks at their records. Even then, so what? You're not breaking any laws, you're not even pushing the edges.

You're thinking about this way too hard.

eFA10 isn't connected to FFL's 4473 at all. The only way you'll get "reported" is if the state looks at their records. Even then, so what? You're not breaking any laws, you're not even pushing the edges.

Thanks I just wanted the info to clear my mind.

Question - does this apply to transfers? Let's say someone buys 2 handguns from an ffl out of state on gunbroker, they get shipped to local ffl for transfer. In this scenario the seller on GB does the form? Now let's say same scenario but the seller is a non-ffl, does the local ffl do the form?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Question - does this apply to transfers? Let's say someone buys 2 handguns from an ffl out of state on gunbroker, they get shipped to local ffl for transfer. In this scenario the seller on GB does the form? Now let's say same scenario but the seller is a non-ffl, does the local ffl do the form?

The local FFL doing the transfer does the multiple form of the handguns are transferred within a week of each other in both instances.

They are stupid. I Wouldn't File a 3310 for a purchase at another shop simply because I don't know for fact the other purchase happened it could be joe smith just trying to seem cool. I'd unintentionally be proving batfe with false information.
Not only that, but the information required on the 3310 concerning the "other" gun wouldn't have even been available (I don't carry my serial numbers around with me). [thinking]

It was the silliest thing I'd ever heard. You gotta wonder about some of these dealers. [laugh]

It *only* applies to transfers, so your local FFL is the only one who will do that paperwork.

Remember, the out-of-state seller is *not* transferring the gun to you. They might take your money, and declare ownership, but they are not in any legal or literal sense transferring the gun to you. They're transferring it to the local FFL, and the local FFL does the transfer to you.

The ATF doesn't care about *sales*, they care about *transfers*.

Also, you might get five guns from five different sellers in five different states all shipped to your local FFL, who then does the transfer to you (and reports it)

Denied. I always just assumed it was a simple paperwork error.
I always hoped when i got my C@R some of the legal documents i provide would resolve a possible hang-up
It didnt help my delays... im over it, if i truely need a gun, i think i got it covered. The 3 days is just an inconvenience if i got to drive 1 or 2 hours each way.

Just get a UPIN from the FBI. No more delays. It will probably cost less than the gas you waste going back and forth.

You don't warn your customers that this may trigger a visit/call from the BATFE agents? While it's unlikely, it has and could happen.

The rumor mill is turning around that the 3310 processing is lagging behind just like every other BATFE form processing at this time.

I'm not a policy maker. I just have to follow them.

Last edited:
You can still be delayed even with a upin.
Maybe when i file my forms for crossing state lines with nfa, ill fInally file for a upin.. i doubt itll solve all my problems.

When you move from a shit state to a free state its easy to get carried away....and its pretty hard to lose money on guns, not that it never happens

When you move from a shit state to a free state its easy to get carried away....and its pretty hard to lose money on guns, not that it never happens

None of the people I know that left MA radically altered their buying patterns, other than for suppressors. I guess it's not that hard to blow like $2100+ on a few
cans though. [laugh] Most of the folks I know in MA get 99% of what they want anyways, even with the AGs current obnoxious BS.

-Mike

Y
None of the people I know that left MA radically altered their buying patterns, other than for suppressors. I guess it's not that hard to blow like $2100+ on a few
cans though. [laugh] Most of the folks I know in MA get 99% of what they want anyways, even with the AGs current obnoxious BS.

-Mike

Id have to agree with you. I buy "too many gun" regardless of my state of residency.
I keep saying im done other than NFA, but i want to either get a Remington 700 or a barret....and ... and...then I'm done.

So what does it mean if your flagged for buying too many guns in a week? If your just buying to buy and your not up to no good than all should be ok?

Words have meaning. You aren't flagged for buying too many guns. You are reported for buying more than one handgun. A legal activity.

Re what PD to send the 3310. When I did retail sales out of my home in CT, I always sent it to the buyers PD not mine. The 3310 doesn't specify which. It makes more sense to send it to the buyers. Hmm. Oh well.

The whole process was kind of pointless on a local level in CT since you had to send a copy of the DPS-3 form for all retail transfers to both the buyers local PD and the CT DESPP.

Don

You don't warn your customers that this may trigger a visit/call from the BATFE agents? While it's unlikely, it has and could happen.

When it happens, it is typically a call. And whether they stop by or call, you are under no compulsion to let them in or talk to them.

I don't know of anyone who has ever had an actual visit. Although I have read on the Internet of these things happening. So it must be true.

I once had to pick up over a dozen handguns at once on an MHP form. Nothing happens. Of course it helps when your FFL actually uses that little box thats on the 3310 form that describes the reason for the transfer, etc. I think he also included a letter explaining the nature of the transfer (because the local PD or someone sees this form, too. ) Fed/kopsch probably picked up the form, looked at it, said "Oh, that would make sense". Done.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom