buy loading components

houdini

NES Member
went to bass pro to look for loading iteams they don"t carry then but some primers but then went to cabela's in conn they had everthing you can think of to load. it worth the trip to go and see both the store.

Why would I go to:

1. A store which has NO reloading components "but some primers" OR

2. Drive half-way across another state;

when I can get what I need just 2 towns away?

For those in Springfield or Worcester, such a pilgrimage MIGHT be worthwhile. Given the cost of gas, however, I tend to doubt it.

Punctuation was developed for a reason. Try it some time.

Grouch!

Why would I go to:

1. A store which has NO reloading components "but some primers" OR

2. Drive half-way across another state;

when I can get what I need just 2 towns away?

For those in Springfield or Worcester, such a pilgrimage MIGHT be worthwhile. Given the cost of gas, however, I tend to doubt it.

Punctuation was developed for a reason. Try it some time.

Scrivener
Maybe you should try going to bed earlier instead of downing other peoples posts
You strike me as a grump Someone lets us know about his search possibly saving someone else from wasting time and gas You put them down
Punctuation left out to annoy intentional

Houdini,
Did you happen to notice if Cabela's had any bulk bullets? 9mm, or .223. Plus, did you see any 8#ers for powder? I visit family in Hamden once in a while, maybe I'll make a slight detour. The only problem would be to convince my wife that some how we got lost and ended up at Cabela's.[smile]

Thanks
Kurt

Someone lets us know about his search possibly saving someone else from wasting time and gas You put them down
Punctuation left out to annoy intentional [sic]

That the BPS in Foxboro does not, as yet, have a reloading section is common knowledge. If, as and when it does create one, C-Pher will let us know.

That Cabelas generally, and the one in CT particularly, DOES have a quite comprehensive reloading department is also well known, as a review of that store has ALSO been posted here already.

Apparently you consider repetitious posts useful. Some sort of retention/ADD problem, perhaps? [rolleyes]

went to bass pro to look for loading iteams they don"t carry then but some primers but then went to cabela's in conn they had everthing you can think of to load. it worth the trip to go and see both the store.

Attempting translation

'I went to Bass-Pro to look for reloading items. They only carry some primers. Then I went to Cabela's in CT. They had everything you can think of to reload (at very very inflated costs). It was worth the trip to go and see both stores.'

If I translated that properly....

Well yes both stores may be entertaining. A bit of a long trip to take just to browse, especially with the price of gas. Many local gun stores have reloading equiptment in stock and those that don't will usually order it.

Cabela's is (IMO) about 10% more expensive than the best prices elsewhere. I've been turned onto Riley's. It was nice when it was half-way between the GF and I, and it is even better now that I'm about 20-30 minutes from it.

Sourpuss

English

Etymology
“sour” (bad-tempered) + “puss” (slang for “mouth”)

Noun

Singular -sourpuss
Plural - sourpusses

Sourpuss (plural sourpusses)

A person who is habitually gloomy, sullen or miserable [laugh]

Well yes both stores may be entertaining. A bit of a long trip to take just to browse, especially with the price of gas. Many local gun stores have reloading equiptment in stock and those that don't will usually order it.

Precisely.

As most on this forum already knew, of course.

Squeeze,
I was at Cabela's on the 15th. Picked up 500 9mm 115 gr FMJ for $46. Couldn't tell ya about any rifle bullet prices, however.

Houdini,
Did you happen to notice if Cabela's had any bulk bullets? 9mm, or .223. Plus, did you see any 8#ers for powder? I visit family in Hamden once in a while, maybe I'll make a slight detour. The only problem would be to convince my wife that some how we got lost and ended up at Cabela's.[smile]

Thanks
Kurt
PM sent

KTP has 500 round boxes of most of the popular Rainer plated handgun rounds. Unfortunately I haven't seen any bulk rifle bullets unless they are stored in the warehouse. Their website would list any bulk items stocked.

On the other hand, my club just did a bulk purchase from Berry's. All you need is a 20k minimum and one central shipping point to take advantage.

Back
Top Bottom