• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where do you buy bullets?

Just as the title says where do you get your bullets?

If this puts an eye on certain businesses can you private message me with your answer šŸ¤˜

Companies I've used when living in Mass-

Missouri Bullet Co. (requires a copy of your Ma l.t.c.)
Xtreme
Montana Gold Bullet
Bayou Bullet
Berry's Bullets
Everglades Ammo - Carries j.h.p. (requires a copy of your mass l.t.c)
SNS casting- check the faq to see if they still ship to mass

Stay away from Black Bullets Intl- I ran into (and about 3000 other people) a load/ mixed batch of undersized bullets)

Midwayusa, Brownells and Powder Valley used to, but haven't ordered anything jacketed since 2008. They may no longer ship, carry, or might require a copy of your l.t.c.

Was going to post this

Most people don't reload for carry - they carry factory ammo and tune a reload to the same point of aim and recoil.

Basic equipment to cast is inexpensive and lead is about$1.25/pound if you can't find it for free. At that price a 125g coated bullet is about $0.03 each including coating and electricity

Was going to post this

Most people don't reload for carry - they carry factory ammo and tune a reload to the same point of aim and recoil.

Basic equipment to cast is inexpensive and lead is about$1.25/pound if you can't find it for free. At that price a 125g coated bullet is about $0.03 each including coating and electricity

I have mags loaded with factory hollowpoints for my carry guns, (or those guns that might be used for defensive purposes). About once a year, I run a mag of those hollowpoints through a couple of the carry guns, just because it seems like a good idea to remind myself that they're a bit hotter than the stuff I load.

I have mags loaded with factory hollowpoints for my carry guns, (or those guns that might be used for defensive purposes). About once a year, I run a mag of those hollowpoints through a couple of the carry guns, just because it seems like a good idea to remind myself that they're a bit hotter than the stuff I load.
Rotating the carry ammo is good practice - that's a good time to do your mag maintenance too (it's amazing how much lint and dust accumulate)
I use two different bullets for 9mm - the TC gets loaded lighter for basic practice and the RN gets "encouraged" by a little extra Silhouette.

Back
Top Bottom