buy back a junk gun?

so heres the deal...i bought (stupidly) a hipoint 9mm carbine about 2 years...it lasted about 75 rounds before a round got lodged in the chamber and exploded...luckily no one was hurt...but i refused to fire the gun after that and its been sitting in the safe...in its original box ever since...i had planned on sending it back to hipoint for a refund and just never got around to it...the gun only cost about $150...can i turn it in at a buy back program and get $50 for it???

im not sure what they do with em...i just wanna get rid of the thing its only taking up room...and i figured if they give you money for em well then thats a plus too

Hey Matt...

Check out this thread that we talked about this before...here's a quote from it:

Rob Boudrie said:
A Newton police officer (retired) noticed a S&W Schofield (an original - this was before the reintroduction) at a buyback. A couple of the officers cleaned it, oiled it up so it was operational, and then were told there was no procedure for donating it to a museum or even keeping at the PD on a long-term basis since they had made a "contractual obligation" to destroy all buyback guns. Yikes.

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=6649&page=4&highlight=buyback+destroy

Take it apart and sell all except the receiver on Ebay.
Gun parts bring good bucks there.
No "hi-cap" mags or "assault" rifle parts allowed so watch your wording.

jhrosier said:
Take it apart and sell all except the receiver on Ebay.
Gun parts bring good bucks there.
No "hi-cap" mags or "assault" rifle parts allowed so watch your wording.

Also the box, paperwork, tools, etc that are original, usually return some good
green on ebay if you sell them seperately. Hell, you might even make back the
purchase price of the gun depending on how you part it out.

TBP

Back
Top Bottom