Buy AR Lower in Mass, Take to NH, Add non-Mass features, Leave in NH. Legal?

I've done lots of research on NE Shooters - I think this is OK and I think it has been answered, but I'd like a fresh opinion.

I'm a Mass resident. I'd like to buy AR lower in Mass through an FFL, Take it to NH, add non-mass-compliant features, Leave in NH at second home. Only shoot in NH, never bring to Mass, ever.

Is this legal?

Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if you build it as a pistol before you configure it as a rifle, you can go back and forth on that lower forever.

Thank you, browncoat. You have restored my faith in humanity. I am planning to buy some land in NH, where I can build a small house, and hunt and shoot on my own land. I also enjoy bulidling things. As soon as my kid finishes school (6 more years), wife & I leaving for NC, SC, GA or TX. I like my kid's school enough to self-restrict my 2nd Amendment rights, to a certain extent. Sad that I have to. I'm glad I can continue to find some peace in NH, just a short car-trip away.

Don't forget that once you have a home in NH, even if your primary residence is in MA, you are a legitimate resident of NH when you are spending time up there.

The ATf is very very clear on this. Per the ATF you can have multiple residences in multiple states and have full 2A rights in all of the states. PM me for citations and if you want any more info.

The guiding principle in all fo this is that MA has no legal authority to control what you do in any other state.

Don

Back
Top Bottom