But .22lr in MA?

So I live in MA and I'm fairly new to shooting. Today I bought my first rifle. It was chambered in .22lr. I purchased it at Dicks Sporting Goods in Dedham, MA. After buying the rifle I asked if I could buy a box of .22lr with it. The man at the counter said he could not sell me any .22 because I only have an FID card and the store considers .22 to be a handgun round.

Is is that a law or is that just Dick's own policy? Like if I go to a dedicated gun store,and not one of the big box retailers, will they be able to sell me ammunition for it?

- - - Updated - - -

Buy*

So to be clear that means that a regular dedicated gun shop will sell me .22lr, assuming they have it in stock?

.22 LR is a bear killy round. [wink]

As usual dicks is dicks. Dicks policies is dick policy. Sales guys are innocent as they only work for paychecks.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Find a LGS you like and support them, the few dollars you save at big box places isn't worth it IMO.

That's why I was confused when they wouldn't sell it...
And that's why I'm wondering if a normal gun store will sell it to me...

Return the gun unless they will provide ammo.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Happens to me all the time. No dicks in mass sell me .22lr

- - - Updated - - -

Sold me a 10/22 then a week later wouldnt sell me ammo. *******s. I refuse to buy anything from that chain ever again.

Was the clerk completely oblivious to the irony that you were buying ammo for the RIFLE you just purchased from him ???

What do you expect when you walk into the place with a huge sign that says "Dicks"?
i think it is also their mission statement.

I bought a shotgun there last year and the asshats sent me home with the wrong key for the "mandatory" trigger lock. [rofl]

rifle for 16 + with FID and 21 LTC for pistol and revolver

No, Fed Law is 18 yo for rifle ammo and long guns from a dealer, 21 for pistol ammo and pistols. MA law is further restrictive wrt guns but no worse on ammo.

Back
Top Bottom