Bushmaster gets a face lift

radioman

NES Member
OK, here it is the product of two months of building. This rifle started out as a stock Bushmaster h-bar AR-15. I added all the toys you see and now it has the ability to reach out 600m plus. The barrel is a Model-1 24" 1 in 9 twist with a clamp on gas block single top rail. This barrel measures 1.015 at the receiver end and .930 at the muzzle. It looks HUGE. Kind of like an aluminum bat sticking out. I polished it to the shine you see here. It wasn't bad out of the box but 10 minutes on the wheel did wonders. Bolt carrier group is from the latest group buy. The hand guard is a Yankee Hill 12 inch light weight free float with two sling adapters. The sling is custom by me. Nothing special just the length I wanted different than what I could get retail. Bi-pod is a Caldwell swivel mount with Yankee Hill adapter. I went this way to get a better selection of bi-pods. The picatinny mounted ones were very limited in styles. Broom handle grip is plastic no frills but does the job well. 4-14x40 scope cheep-o for now but waiting on the bucks for the Trijicon Acupoint TR23(soon). Trigger is a Geissele adjustable(Nice). I forget who makes the hand grip but I got it at MFL, it has a thumb rest and a built in trigger guard. It fits my hand very well. I did all the work myself with about 100 bucks in specialty tools from Midway, Brownells and Model 1. The rear take down pin has been changed to a push button release. My cheep-o scale reads 20 pounds!! The way it feels I don't doubt it! The parts that came off are now a part of my NES lower project. That is also done. Post to follow. I'm looking forward to getting both rifles to the range for zeroing.

It sure looks like an EBR to me!!
DSC_2015.JPG

See you can get that scope a little lower. It's way too high.

I had it lower but I have a big fat head and had to raise it so I could get my eye off the stock!! It will fit with out the riser witch only takes two seconds to remove, so if I wanted it lower I could do so easily.

Back
Top Bottom