Bumped into another hunter

SAV

Showed up at a spot where I built a stand, and met another hunter gearing up. It was very civil, he was familiar with my stand, and he said he was off across a dividing road. We discussed deer we had seen, both having seen a funny 3 or 5 pointer.

At last light I took a shot that broke my arrow on a tree. As I poked around with my light, he came in to help me look. We parted and wished each other future luck.

All and all a good encounter. [grin]

Have you had a similar experience?

yep, just today in fact and it was 2 different people at 2 different times.

1) was another pheasant hunter and his dog. i had seen him the other day and we said hi, asked each other if we got any. i told him it was hard without a dog in the thick brush, yadda yadda yadda. as the conversation went on i mentioned that i thought they stocked the area X amount of times but didn't know when and he was nice enough to tell me exacty when it was.

2) when i got back to the van another hunter came up to me to ask about my van and since i had the side door open, i was putting away my shotty, he saw my crossbow. he asked me about it and i said yah i'm using that for deer. he asked if i had any luck and i told him not with the pheasant hunters around. i explained that because of health issues its hard for me to get out there to far and the pheasant hunters were spooking the deer where i had been hunting them. he told me he too had health issues and was nice enough to tell me where i could go for the deer where the pheasant hunters were not a problem and he was possitive i would get a deer there, he said there are MEGA deer out there.

now i have to get my butt back out there and move my trail cam to see if he was telling the truth or not. i believe he was. seemed like he was helping another hunter whos in the same boat as he is.

Years ago, I had done some extensive scouting in Petersham,MA ... right on the edge of the Quabbin. I had a stand set up on a HOT (very hot) deer trail that was getting used every day at an early hour.

I went into the woods an hour before sunlight, using a compass and flashlight to find my stand ( a mile from the vehicle!)..

As the morning sunlight brightened my morning, I was startled to hear branches and leaves snapping... Coming right towards me.

Damn hunter walked right up to my tree, took off his pack, and sat down. Hahaha. I started snapping small branches off the tree, and dropped them into his lap. After 10 minutes of the guy not even looking up, I whispered, "Hey... I'm not God. But I'll be mighty pissed if you stay there."

I never saw anyone move so damn fast.

He had no idea how I got past him, and up the tree. Hahaha

Years ago, I had done some extensive scouting in Petersham,MA ... right on the edge of the Quabbin. I had a stand set up on a HOT (very hot) deer trail that was getting used every day at an early hour.

I went into the woods an hour before sunlight, using a compass and flashlight to find my stand ( a mile from the vehicle!)..

As the morning sunlight brightened my morning, I was startled to hear branches and leaves snapping... Coming right towards me.

Damn hunter walked right up to my tree, took off his pack, and sat down. Hahaha. I started snapping small branches off the tree, and dropped them into his lap. After 10 minutes of the guy not even looking up, I whispered, "Hey... I'm not God. But I'll be mighty pissed if you stay there."

I never saw anyone move so damn fast.

He had no idea how I got past him, and up the tree. Hahaha

[rofl]

I can't wait to get out....

Back
Top Bottom