bullet feeder spring

Any one know whewe to get the flexible spring used on bullet feeder? And what its called? need 20" 5/8
I know DAA sells this… is this what your looking for??

is it only for pistol calibers - or can it be setup to feed longer .223 and .30 bullets?
anything, he has different plates. I got plates for 9, 223,300 blk,44,45,50. he hasent tested the 50 so he gave me the stl for that. I tried to post a video but couldnt figure out how.

Now looking for a bullet feeder die. Or someone who can modify one
7/8-14 minor diameter ->.79
50AE Bullet -> 0.5
Difference per side -> (.79-.5)/2 = .145 (3.7mm)
Would likely have to use 2mm detent balls and still wouldn't have a lot of room to spare

7/8-14 minor diameter ->.79
50AE Bullet -> 0.5
Difference per side -> (.79-.5)/2 = .145 (3.7mm)
Would likely have to use 2mm detent balls and still wouldn't have a lot of room to spare
Its all gibberish to me. I dont know how to do cad so I'm out of luck. I got a 50 cal conversion kit with the case feeder parts so maybe someone makes a bullet feeder die

Last edited:
Its all gibberish to me. I dont know how to do cad so I'm out of luck. I got a 50 cal conversion kit with the case feeder parts so maybe someone makes a bullet feeder die
Take a look at how thin the 45acp bullet drop is. 50AE is 0.050" larger so everything else gets thinner.
The detent balls need to be smaller since the bullet plus two opposite 3.5mm detents is only a couple of thousandths less than the minor thread diameter (using three detents saves some room but the walls are going to be thin)

anything, he has different plates. I got plates for 9, 223,300 blk,44,45,50. he hasent tested the 50 so he gave me the stl for that. I tried to post a video but couldnt figure out how.
ok, it is a new project for me then.
i want it for .223 and .308 as i can load those in bulk. just did a 250 of .223, i am tired of seating bullets by hand, an automation is the next step there. :)

do you have the .stl for .223 and 308? - i am blind, it is all in the set i myself gave you a link for. awesome, will get to it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Couldn’t the inside dia of the threaded part be increased and the outside of the inner part be increased?
I looked quickly and it seems possible but I don't have any 50AE components on hand to test any prototypes and troubleshooting over the web is next to impossible.
Without a sized/flared case.and a handful of bullets it's hard to determine exactly where to place the detents so that they fall into open space when a bullet falls into the case (and gets set into the case by the weight of the stacked bullets)

I looked quickly and it seems possible but I don't have any 50AE components on hand to test any prototypes and troubleshooting over the web is next to impossible.
Without a sized/flared case.and a handful of bullets it's hard to determine exactly where to place the detents so that they fall into open space when a bullet falls into the case (and gets set into the case by the weight of the stacked bullets)
If you are willing to give it a shot, I can send you what ever you need

i want it for .223 and .308 as i can load those in bulk. just did a 250 of .223, i am tired of seating bullets by hand, an automation is the next step there. :)

do you have the .stl for .223 and 308? - i am blind, it is all in the set i myself gave you a link for. awesome, will get to it tomorrow.
When I got the 308 plate he said it works but not very efficiently. He sent me a video and thought that would be ok. I tried the 308 this morning and I can’t get it to work properly. But it takes some time to get the right ramp settings. I’ll play with it more. No I do not have the stls

When I got the 308 plate he said it works but not very efficiently. He sent me a video and thought that would be ok. I tried the 308 this morning and I can’t get it to work properly. But it takes some time to get the right ramp settings. I’ll play with it more. No I do not have the stls
Also all
I have to try is a 220 gn bthp nothing lighter

thx, it would be nice to know if it is even worth trying.
realistically setting those bullets by hand is not a huge deal, but, it only gets boring if i decide to do more than a 100 in one sitting, which is not happening too often.

Boat tail bullets are tough to get right.
The idea is to catch the edge of a base while dropping the nose.
This can be done with a slot that is too narrow to accept the base bit can catch and guide the nose.
All of that happens with the flip plate, not the wheel

it says for pistol calibers - i do not reload pistol at all. only rifles.
huh, i see they have one for rifle -
and it looks like it is all plastic.
ok, are there files for that to be printed? :)

difficult to decipher, it looks like this part is going to be caliber specific? the DAA site offers to choose a caliber when purchasing the unit, and the pipes setup in background does not seem to be caliber specific at all - so - it has to be this one?

1666101378077.png

just from the looks of it - it just screams 'print me'. :) and it is probably all i do actually need, no need for motors or extra complications.

Last edited:
it says for pistol calibers - i do not reload pistol at all. only rifles.
huh, i see they have one for rifle -
and it looks like it is all plastic.
ok, are there files for that to be printed? :)

difficult to decipher, it looks like this part is going to be caliber specific? the DAA site offers to choose a caliber when purchasing the unit, and the pipes setup in background does not seem to be caliber specific at all - so - it has to be this one?

View attachment 674783

just from the looks of it - it just screams 'print me'. :) and it is probably all i do actually need, no need for motors or extra complications.
There are files on thingi for the bullet drops Not sure about the tubes part

Don't think I got files from you

Back
Top Bottom