• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

bullet feeder spring

Don't think I got files from you
i posted link in the thread somewhere, in the response?
anyway - i just pulled a ton of files from the link below, none is consistent for the mini loader like shown above, but there was 2 sets for the big oe you wanted, i think

that one?

I have not printed any of the bullet drops

I meant the bullet drops are on thingi havent seen tube parts
i pulled 11 archives from there, but it does not seem to be a single consistent set in there, i will need to look better. it keeps referencing some hornady bullet feeder, some files are for, presumably, lee feeder, go figure. some have dies in them, but they do not look like the one i see on the picture for mini mr.bulletfeeder there. will try looking later today.

it is difficult to navigate through all that, odd no one has a well defined set. or may be it was removed.

If you are willing to give it a shot, I can send you what ever you need
50AE Bullet Feeder.png 50AE Bullet Feeder v1.png
Quick model of a 50AE Bullet Die with a NOE HTC502-325-FN-BZ2 bullet and a 3mm detent ball.
I don't know what the feed tube diameters are so can't add to the model
ISSUE - the slot for the detent ball cuts through the side into the threads so printing might be an issue. That's with me dropping the size of the detent from 3.5mm to 3mm. I could drop it further but none of this is tested as I don't have parts (I don't want to buy a bunch of 2.5mm and 3mm BBs to test the options)

Last edited:
Top would need to be a male end where the optical sensor would fit on top.
I have every thing from 1mm to 8mm in ball bearings 1-2-2.5-3-3.5 and so on
Ill post pics and measurements of the top

Attachments

• FA40B919-9F8B-42F0-9A0E-7E883D9C9B02.jpeg
    FA40B919-9F8B-42F0-9A0E-7E883D9C9B02.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 3
  • BF723FF5-007F-491E-914E-0574979885E0.jpeg
    BF723FF5-007F-491E-914E-0574979885E0.jpeg
    263.9 KB · Views: 3
  • C4373CD0-5099-4D48-AED3-7FB03D5F63AD.jpeg
    C4373CD0-5099-4D48-AED3-7FB03D5F63AD.jpeg
    288.9 KB · Views: 3
50AE Bullet Feeder v2.png 50AE Bullet Feeder Complete.png

PM me an email and I'll send the two STL files to print

Edit - everything is tight in there so if may need to be updated to use a 2.5mm ball if the threads don't print right. Or the holes for balls may need to move up if your bullet profile is different (longer).

Last edited:
Yes - I normally print with 1.6mm walls and top/bottom so with as thin as this thing gets with a 0.502" bullet it didn't matter
Everything printed nicely. 3mm balls do not protrude. 2.5 mm fall through. I’m going to try and countersink the holes. Bullets fit nice through the inner tube. Threads are nice optical sensor fits good on top

Attachments

• 72E8B30D-C22D-40C0-A779-BE85AA80936F.jpeg
    72E8B30D-C22D-40C0-A779-BE85AA80936F.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 6D4D5326-0822-440C-9FF4-85265D4A874D.jpeg
    6D4D5326-0822-440C-9FF4-85265D4A874D.jpeg
    239.1 KB · Views: 5
Everything printed nicely. 3mm balls do not protrude. 2.5 mm fall through. I’m going to try and countersink the holes. Bullets fit nice through the inner tube. Threads are nice optical sensor fits good on top
Without having parts on hand to iterate the design, I thought it likely that it would need some fitting.
You can see how tight it is with a 3mm ball below:
50AE Bullet Feeder cutaway.png I can swap to a 2.5mm and see how that changes things

Last edited:
Without having parts on hand to iterate the design, I thought it likely that it would need some fitting.
View attachment 675624I can swap to a 2.5mm and see how that changes things
what software are you using there?
i presume you converted stl files into that model? or did you draw it all from scratch?

what software are you using there?
i presume you converted stl files into that model? or did you draw it all from scratch?
I use Fusion 360 and create models from scratch.
I don't post most of my new designs since too many people ignore the licensing and just sell other people's designs without even trying to pay them something for the effort.

I use Fusion 360 and create models from scratch.
I don't post most of my new designs since too many people ignore the licensing and just sell other people's designs without even trying to pay them something for the effort.
installed fusion, spent now couple of hours following videos on how to convert stl to body, etc - damn confusing as interface changed and nothing in videos works exactly as it was nor interface matches - but figured it all out, how to get a solid body from stl, how to get a sketch, damn, it is what i wanted. :)

thank you do much! awesome software.

so you can modify an stl?
yes, but with an effort. sometimes - a significant one. depends upon a model.
for new interface - this video is the best, but narrator sucks. older videos from 2017 and 2018 are better, but interface does not match at all, and functions got moved to completely different sections.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeMHqa9Pxn8

to summarize - first step is to import STL as a mesh.
step 2 - click in the top menu at 'mesh' section, then click at 'modify' dropdown, and choose a 'convert mesh'
step 3 - from the body created you need to create a sketch. then you need to project f#cking body into the sketch and that step took me like a half hour to figure out how to do in the new interface.
for that - first in top menu you need to click at 'solid' - as you were in 'mesh' before.
then left icon there is 'create sketch'. you click it. that says not a word but it wants you to select a plane on the screen. you need to click an 'eye' on the body to hide it to see which one to choose. after that click it brings up on the right side of screen a 'sketch palette' sub-window with shit and 'finish sketch' button. no, you do not click that.
you go now into the 'create' menu on top, in its dropdown there is now a 'project/include' item you click it and need to select 'project' in there. it brings up an another pop-up menu that wants you to click at the body you need to project. completely f#cking retarded non-intuitive shit. it is beyond me why it cannot simply do automatic creation of 3 projections of the same body into sketches automatically, but, f#ck with it. once you learn the sequence - it is not too problematic.

NOT A SINGLE F#CKING YOUTUBE RETARD EXPLAINS IT LIKE THAT. i hate f***ing youtube. no one wants to write up documentation, as to write it up requires you to be capable to segment out tasks and be capable to explain them with no mumbling, and not say - mmmeeeh, dunno, it is just easier to do than to talk of it - with a series of as fast as possible invisible clicks on the video with some shit happening.

other thing that got me yesterday - i could not rotate damn model and it took a while to notice that there is some crappy cube in the top right corner you supposed to rotate in order for model to rotate. fun.

i like to complain. :) overall, autodesk did a nice job there, it is a good UI.

Last edited:
yes, but with an effort. sometimes - a significant one. depends upon a model.
for new interface - this video is the best, but narrator sucks. older videos from 2017 and 2018 are better, but interface does not match at all, and functions got moved to completely different sections.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeMHqa9Pxn8

Thats way above my pay grade! LOL

Can you enlarge the inside diameter of a cylinder?
yes.
you import the stl of the cilinder as a mesh.
convert mesh to body.
you create a sketch of the plane (from body) where the hole is.
sketch shows you now the outline of the old hole.
you then insert new hole into the body planting new hole into the coordinates the sketch shows you.

there is a video that shows almost exactly that process. it is a first one i watched - where none of controls locations match current program. but the process is same.
it takes time to grasp the interface, but once it clicks - it works. for me it was a bit of a curve as my last experience with autocad goes to, like, a 1994 or so.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqkdlbFYcAI

Can you enlarge the inside diameter of a cylinder?
i have to say - compared to other programs i looked at and tried learning/using - the fusion 360 is plain awesome.
most of that cad software shit is made by people who specialize in pulling teeth reaching out through the ass, so you get to appreciate shit that actually does what you expect it to do.

View attachment 675624I can swap to a 2.5mm and see how that changes things
I cant make the last version work. Seems like the inner tube is to thick. ball wont go in far enough. I may try to drill a larger hole and use a bigger ball. First one works good.

Back
Top Bottom