• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bullet Casting Seminar Results

38ExtraSpecial

NES Member
Hello all.

I'm sitting here warm by the coal fire wondering who progressed with their casting after the seminar?

Who stuck with it?
Who quit?
Who is obsessed?
Who is still on the fence?
Did everyone use their door prizes?
Questions?
Comments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, my name is Duke... and I am a lead JUNKIE!

I'm OBSESSED!

I now cast virtually everything that I shoot. My weekly casting adds up to over 100 pounds of ingots a week. I'm prepping (if I can find the note with the guy's number on it) to buy a 1500 pound sailboat keel.

Then again, you guys already knew that about me.

If anyone is planning a trip over the winter to Florida, I could use some help running a casting workshop down here. Winter, when the air temp is a balmy 70 degrees, is the best time to run a workshop like this.

Congrats on your workshop, Michael. Hope a few get the bug.....

I just brought my 2 buckets of WWs into the basement to warm up some for hand sorting. A 7qt cast iron pot, turkey fryer and propane tank await. That job to be done outdoors, of course.

Fascinating subject, lead metallurgy.

Totally different that steel that's for sure.

Who ever thought metal would work soften? Weird.

Although I missed this year I am planning on trying to powder coat some 9mm and working towards a usable 7.7 arisaka load. Factory ammo is expensive so the cheaper I can get the 7.7 the better.

I have ingots but need to find a used turkey fryer and pot to melt down a few buckets of WW.

I am hoarding lead, everyone at work is looking for me in their travels.
I need to get moving on my door prize and set up the trust.

Although I missed this year I am planning on trying to powder coat some 9mm and working towards a usable 7.7 arisaka load. Factory ammo is expensive so the cheaper I can get the 7.7 the better.

I have ingots but need to find a used turkey fryer and pot to melt down a few buckets of WW.

The arisaka does well with cast. I use a 200 grain Lyman 314299 sized to 312". I run it 2 ways.
Trail boss for 50 yard galley load for some fun milk jug hunting.
Then 16 grains of 2400 produces some fine shooting stuff out to 200 yards.
I also use reduced loads of H4895 with both cast and jacketed.
https://www.hodgdon.com › PDF › H489...

http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/reloading-education/tips-and-tricks/low-recoil-loads

As you all know I have been doing this before the seminar. I made these last Sunday for my Styer Mannlicher some nice .329 I am probably powder coat these. 20160110_131659.jpg

There's a karma in the members section for some hi-Tek powder if you guys are interested.
Not much interest over there.

Back
Top Bottom