Bulk 125gr or 110gr 308

That Guy

Banned
Right off the bat, I am not asking about shipping to Massachusetts - all my reloading is now done at the Maine house and I get things shipped there.

That said, what are people finding for the best deals for bulk 110gr and 125gr 308? I'm really liking my 300 Blackout and I want to load a bunch to keep on hand - which weight I go with will be determined by which one affords the best deals. I don't shoot further than 300 meters because its not really made for that, and I find almost every type of round I put through it is accurate enough for me so I'm not terribly picky about which brands/models.

Mostly I'd like to be able to buy in the neighborhood of 500 - 1000 at a time.

If you go with Hornady 110s, don't use the SPs, go with the V-Max instead.

The 110gr SPs get smashed up during feeding, and accuracy suffers. The same is not true of the 110gr V-Max bullets.

Im not finding much in ways of bulk deals on 308s in the 110-140 grain area.
what do you consider a good deal ? with no restrictions on shipping to ME you have many many options. although im not finding much in the way of 125 grain for less than 25 cents each ?
Will 300 black out shoot 110 grain M1 carbine bullets well ?

Im not finding much in ways of bulk deals on 308s in the 110-140 grain area.
what do you consider a good deal ? with no restrictions on shipping to ME you have many many options. although im not finding much in the way of 125 grain for less than 25 cents each ?
Will 300 black out shoot 110 grain M1 carbine bullets well ?
I was thinking of trying that - M1 carbine 110 gr seem to be the cheapest bulk I can find. However, I suspect they won't feed real well.

Part of the idea behind the .300 BLK was to create a cartridge that could take advantage of the better ballistics of the spitzer shaped bullets. You lose that when you go with M1 Carbine bullets.

Even if you can get them to feed, you might end up with a bulk supply of crappy ammo.

That was my only thinking behind the M1 carbine bullets ......cheaper.
You may want to consider casting your own? Anyone making plated bullets in 125grain?
You may have to adjust your "best deal" price? blemished and factory over runs maybe.

The lightest thing i've found in bulk is 147g. 1000 for $195. Which shoots great out of my 300bo. I do like the lighter stuff...I have some stock but it certainly isn't cheap.

The 147gn M80 pulls are about the best you will find in Bulk.
I picked up some 150gn flat point from Extreme bullets, but have not loaded any as of yet.

Malodave

Back
Top Bottom