Building an AR. Where can I get a MA Compliant Upper?

SSIA.

I cant find an upper sans flash suppressor anywhere! Does anyone have a line on one? I would have thought S&W would have them for sale, but everything I see on their site has a suppressor and is extremely overpriced...

I wouldn't fret about it. Just order any upper you want and can afford (MA complaint or not), and have a competent gunsmith permanently attach the muzzle brake of your choice.

Even if it's direct from the factory, it'll have to be permanently attached anyways.

Just be certain of what front sight set-up you want first because once the brake is attached, it's not easy going to another front sight.

Last edited:
I wold recommend AGAINST Model 1 sales. Stag makes ban compliant uppers as does RRA. Or you can follow LoginName's advice.
David Santurri can make an upper MA compliant.

+1 for Legal Transfers.

I have bought RRA lowers, MA compliant uppers etc. from them. Good service and good prices, plus they are in southern NH if you ever have any issues.

I highly recommend Model 1 Sales, but bear in mind that they're as swamped as every other major parts house/maker.

I wold recommend AGAINST Model 1 sales...

I'd like to hear about your experience with them. What was the problem?

I've built 5 ARs using Model 1 kits or uppers. Two on Olympic, two on Bushmasters and one on a Stag. All 5 run flawlessly. Their barrels are E R Shaw and everything else is Mil-spec. What's not to like?
The only problem I've ever had with Model 1 was that 1 kit was missing the PG screw. I called them and I had it in my hands in 3 days. I have a 6th kit on order right now.

Im waiting on a Stag upper through Legal Transfer group buy. ordered 1/10/09 should be here any day now. Was told minimum 22 week wait going on 26. for the price I will wait.

With a deal on the group buy upper kit, everything but the lower. And a score on a S&W lower im into it for 750.00 I paid 925.00 for a complete Stag model 2 last october.

Back
Top Bottom