bringing long guns into CT

I couldnt really find a definite answer about this so I will ask here.... I currently have an FID in MA. If I want to shoot on a friends property in CT can I bring my marlin 60 into CT without any problems?? I dont see why not as CT doesnt require a permit for long guns... and on that note since I live on campus can I leave it with a friend in their off campus appt ( they dont have a license, but again no license is needed for a long gun in CT) I feel as tho there would be nothing wrong with this but I want to make sure.

There is nothing to stop you from taking a long gun into CT. As you correctly point out, they (like the majority of the country) have no licenses or permits to own or possess long guns.

So long as your rifle is not on their "assault weapon" list and you and your friend > 18, you are GTG.

I would suggest that you put it in a locked case in the trunk. Remember that all cops are not expected to know all the gun laws. No sense spending the weekend in the slammer while the do their homework!

As Jose said as long as you are both 18 and the said guns aren't on the current state AWB list.The Marlin 60 is fine to bring.CT doen't even require that you register long guns unless they're on the ban list and you had them before the ban originated.

Back
Top Bottom