• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Breonna Taylor killed in her home by police home invasion?

One of the reasons that bodycam data storage is expensive, is because it's provided as a bundled contract by boondogglers like Axon.

Video needs to be stored for at least a year before being overwritten, to respond to issues that come up later. Once a time period is flagged, it has to be kept forever.

But again: storage media is dirt cheap and getting cheaper all the time. It's the added services that are expensive.

The other thing is - How much are the riots costing? Could we head off some riots (Like Michael Brown 'Hands Up - Don't Shoot Lie) if there was Body Cam footage?

160 Hours of 1080p = 1TB
100 officers patrolling everyday = 2400 Hours/Day
1 Month = 72000 Hours
450 Terabytes per month, automatic overwriting of older than 1 month

16TB drive is $400

Lets say 30 drives for extra = $12K cost

Cloud Storage is $4/Terabyte per month
So $2K/Mo Cost

Granted there are other fees, but one police car, outfitted with radio gear etc is north of $50K - how many have been burned in the past 2 weeks?

Last edited:
512 GB micro-SD chips are well under a hundred bucks at individual retail price, and will hold 24 hours of 4K UHD video, and almost 80 hours of 1080p Full HD video.

Uh. . . that's not how it works. If they used micro SD cards, then they would be getting "lost".

Most of the cameras upload when they are placed in their battery charger. The data goes to a "secure" cloud storage provider. Remember, this stuff can be used as evidence in a homicide investigation so all the chain of custody controls apply.

Then there is data management. With millions of videos created by tens of thousands of cops, the need to find "Officer Smith's contacts on July 2017" becomes important. So now we are talking databases.

Remember, this needs to be idiotproof at the officer level. That costs money. Lots and lots of money.

The way they are sold includes storage and support. A good round number is $100 per month per camera. So a department with a 100 man force is looking at and extra $10,000 per month.

One of the reasons that bodycam data storage is expensive, is because it's provided as a bundled contract by boondogglers like Axon.

Video needs to be stored for at least a year before being overwritten, to respond to issues that come up later. Once a time period is flagged, it has to be kept forever.

But again: storage media is dirt cheap and getting cheaper all the time. It's the added services that are expensive.

Storage is a service. Not a piece of hardware. 25 years in IT and the holy grail has been achieved.

Ha. Yes. Well said.

Bottom line is imagine the dumbest most hostile guy you can remember from high school. Now combine him with your great uncle Frank. The one who doesn't need "The Internets".

The camera needs to be operable for this guy. Operable includes a reliable transfer of data to a secure location with the files indexed by officer, every day.

I'm not saying cops are dumb. Some are very smart. Some are very dumb. It needs to work for the very dumb ones. In fact, chances are the video recorded by the cams will most likely be brought to use for the very dumb ones.

^Seeing that Napoleon complex POS Brailsford’s EXTREMELY punchable face is bad for my blood pressure. Quick reminder - taxpayers fund a $30K/yr medical pension because shooting an innocent man to death made him feel really sad.

Grand jury indicts 1 officer in Breonna Taylor's death, for "wanton endangerment" for firing into neighboring apartments. No charges were returned for causing Breonna Taylor's death.

Grand jury indicts 1 officer in Breonna Taylor's death, for "wanton endangerment" for firing into neighboring apartments. No charges were returned for causing Breonna Taylor's death.

I'm good with that.

What I am hearing and please correct me if I'm wrong but this wasn't even a no knock raid and that police knocked on the door and identified themselves before entering. Also Taylor wasn't an actual EMT at the time of her death. This whole thing stinks to high heaven now.
Sadly, none of that will matter to the thugs pushing BLM/antifa, and I specifically include the media in that!

The warrant was a no knock. The police said they had knowledge she would be there, so they knocked. She went towards the door, her boyfriend fired at the door past her, police RETURNED FIRE with 4 shots and she was hit.

Basically she placed herself in the middle of a gunfight the police did not start.

Taylor's former boyfriend was using her apartment as a drug drop off-site.
The Police got a warrant, went there, and did knock.
Police entered, Taylor's current boyfriend opened fire, likely because he thought the drug dealers were breaking in, NOT the police.
There was no possible way it would have ended well at that point.

those may be the facts, but the media isn't talking about them.
they continue to play on emotions and say she was an EMT (ie Good person) and shot in her sleep (defenseless, innocent).

For anyone who still thinks the public isn't bein manipulated, time to open your eyes and prepare for the worst

What I am hearing and please correct me if I'm wrong but this wasn't even a no knock raid and that police knocked on the door and identified themselves before entering. Also Taylor wasn't an actual EMT at the time of her death. This whole thing stinks to high heaven now.

This case smelled to me so I spent some time and read the public transcripts. There are some incredible details. The transcripts proved to me that Breonna Taylor was every bit the thug her boyfriend "Chop" and associates were. She rented cars for them to use as delivery vehicles to try and drop surveillance, provided comms, controlled money and drugs through her "Drop" (apartment). There were a few "Drops" known in the area that the cops were surveillng. All used by this crew. Drugs weren't found because they only stayed on premises for very short periods. Incredible jailhouse admissions were made that were all captured on jail phones. This wasn't a smart crew. The cops were pounding on the door so the no-knock narrative was bullsh!t. She was caught up in the rackets and her boyfriend's decision to go out gangster style cost her life.

The uninformed need their pound of flesh. Now Louisville burns.

I forget. What time did this take place? I really don’t see much of a difference between a no-knock and knocking if they both take place in the middle of the night, especially if the whole knocking part is immediately proceeded by a forced entry.

I forget. What time did this take place? I really don’t see much of a difference between a no-knock and knocking if they both take place in the middle of the night, especially if the whole knocking part is immediately proceeded by a forced entry.
I've dealt with this issue before. There is no measured amount of time between knock and announce and forced entry that makes it equivalent to a no-knock (at least in Massachusetts). Could be as little as 15-20 seconds, possibly less.

Everybody was lied to. And a number of us fell for it. Me included. Everything were being told is a lie or a half truth at best. I read the transcripts too about a week ago. The boyfriend used her as a human shield according to one report I read. But facts don't matter to the mob one way or the other.

Back
Top Bottom