Brady Center lawyers booted from lawsuit against Milwaukee gun shop

thorin

NES Member
"I don't how things are practiced in Washington, D.C., or New York or anywhere else, but out here in the Midwest we have certain rules ... this is something that cannot be done, and it cannot be done through surrogates," Conen said.

Conen ordered Brady to pay $800 to Milwaukee County, the cost of paying 100 jurors who were called for jury selection for half a day.

http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/wa...-gun-store-lawsuit-b99481327z1-299762131.html

How is this case even going to trial. They have immunity, the case has no merit.

And someone staw buys a gun, obviously passed the NICS check and they are suppose to read his mind, that he's buying it for a felon? Whatever.

I hope the gunshop Makes the cops pay their attorny's fees for this meritless case.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, nice editing by the newspaper, the text under the picture says admissable, not inadmissable.

From their very beginnings, their legal strategy has always been 'if you keep throwing enough shit against the wall,
it will eventually stick'.

So this gun was straw purchased at a gun store. In order to purchase a handgun in Wisconsin from a dealer, a NICS check is called in. In Wisconsin, that check is performed by the Wisconsin Department of Justice. So why aren't these cops suing the WI DoJ?

Funny how that works.

So this gun was straw purchased at a gun store. In order to purchase a handgun in Wisconsin from a dealer, a NICS check is called in. In Wisconsin, that check is performed by the Wisconsin Department of Justice. So why aren't these cops suing the WI DoJ?

Funny how that works.

How did the judge not toss this instantly? There is no merit at all.

How did the judge not toss this instantly? There is no merit at all.

Of course there isn't. It's frivolous. But guns. So it is allowed to proceed.

I mean, if I sued a car dealership because someone who bought a car there crashed into me, I'd be paying damages to the dealership as the result of a frivolous lawsuit.

Another reason antis are numbskulls, even their lawyers suck at what they do. [rofl]

I'm kind of disappointed though, that something else didn't happen to these attorneys. That's the type of shit that should get them in trouble with the BBO or whatever it is out there. (not sure if it happens out of band, or whatever).

-Mike

I mean, if I sued a car dealership because someone who bought a car there crashed into me, I'd be paying damages to the dealership as the result of a frivolous lawsuit.

In civil courts most of the lawsuits are probably frivolous, not just the ones involving guns. I've been impaneled on a jury TWICE involving such suits (personal injury claims involving vehicles) and the first one had marginal merit, the 2nd one was a complete joke and a massive display of jackassery by the plaintiff's attorney. One change would be to have a hearing in front of a judge before the trial is "launched" to show a basic level of merit, particularly on cases involving personal injury. Even if the judges only dumped 20% of the cases at that point, it'd be a huge improvement... but the cabal of trial lawyers in this country would never allow that to happen, because it would eat into the profits of ambulance chasers in a big way.

-Mike

The fed court in CO is charging an aurora co movie theater victim's parent attorneys fees and court costs for her suit against lucky gunner et al. Those sandy hook families will be paying too.

How is this case even going to trial. They have immunity, the case has no merit.
And someone staw buys a gun, obviously passed the NICS check and they are suppose to read his mind, that he's buying it for a felon? Whatever.

I hope the gunshop Makes the cops pay their attorny's fees for this meritless case.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, nice editing by the newspaper, the text under the picture says admissable, not inadmissable.
Do they have the same forms we have with the are you buying this fun for yourself? Wouldn't that be considered a binding contract between parties where if one party bought the item under false pretenses the contract was void and the seller has the right to retrieve his property? Or something along those lines?
Also I'm too lazy to look it up but there was an article on here about hi points being the Wisconsin weapon of choice for straw man's purchases and I could be wrong but I think that place sold like 150 hi points to one dude in like a year. So I'm pretty sure it wasn't just the one gun. Could be totally wrong but I remember a story about some pretty blatant straw man stuff going on and the shop owner was getting a kick back or didn't care

If the guy only sold one gun that got used like that I don't think it's his fault nor should he be held accountable. Getting jammed up on one gun is bonkers. I just remembered some ahole in the Twin Cities definitely sold a lot of bunk guns and it might be this guy could be why the judge didn't immediately dismiss

Back
Top Bottom