BPD officer facing charges after allegedly discharging personal weapon, wounding wife

Sounds like an accident to me. If it were intentional 20 shots would have been fired, all but one hitting nearby houses and cars.

What is this world coming to? It was a flesh wound! She dropped the sammitch! (Kidding)

Based on the arrest , I gather it wasn't an ND.
Only people qualified ,yada , yada.
My guess is 1. Alcohol involved. 2. “Known to authorities.” Probably not the most outstanding officer on the force.

Sounds like an accident to me. If it were intentional 20 shots would have been fired, all but one hitting nearby houses and cars.

Accident or intentional, according to the article he lied about how it happened several times. So at the very least, negligent.

Accident or intentional, according to the article he lied about how it happened several times. So at the very least, negligent.
So A:
After a thorough and complete IMPARTIAL and INDEPENDENT investigation, a jury will be impaneled to determine the veracity of the accused's statements and and render justice according to established precedent and law.

Or B:
"Cop, whoops, bad gun, sending it back for eval, nothing to see here, officer back on duty after safety training".

I've got $20 on B.

Latest...

A decorated Boston police officer has been charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon for allegedly shooting his wife.

Korey Franklin was released on personal recognizance after pleading not guilty at his arraignment Wednesday.

Prosecutors say the 32-year-old Franklin and the woman had been arguing on Christmas Eve. Police responded to their home in the city’s Hyde Park neighborhood at 1 p.m. Monday.

Officers found a woman with a nonlife-threatening gunshot wound, which Franklin said was self-inflicted.

They later determined that the off-duty Franklin “was responsible for the discharge of his personal weapon.”

His lawyer called the shooting an accident.

Franklin was one of four officers honored last year with the Ezekiel Hodson Police Officers of the Year Award for disarming a man pointing a gun at them.

Boston police officer charged in shooting that injured his wife | Boston.com

Latest...

A decorated Boston police officer has been charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon for allegedly shooting his wife.

Korey Franklin was released on personal recognizance after pleading not guilty at his arraignment Wednesday.

Prosecutors say the 32-year-old Franklin and the woman had been arguing on Christmas Eve. Police responded to their home in the city’s Hyde Park neighborhood at 1 p.m. Monday.

Officers found a woman with a nonlife-threatening gunshot wound, which Franklin said was self-inflicted.

They later determined that the off-duty Franklin “was responsible for the discharge of his personal weapon.”

His lawyer called the shooting an accident.

Franklin was one of four officers honored last year with the Ezekiel Hodson Police Officers of the Year Award for disarming a man pointing a gun at them.

Boston police officer charged in shooting that injured his wife | Boston.com

obviously he never explained in detail to his lady friend on how he accomplished this...lol

His fate probably rests in what she does. If she forgives him, 'he shot me on Christmas Eve, so sweet' then all will be copwashed. If she goes divorce rape revenge they might have to hang him. Police wives lives matter.

Probably a Glock with one in the pipe.

Bad appendix carry and wife was 'downrange'?

ABSOLUTE MORONIC FVCKING DUMBASS!!!

Striker fired guns are NOT meant to be appendix carried. Stupidity is supposed to hurt.

Based on the arrest , I gather it wasn't an ND.
Only people qualified ,yada , yada.

article said:
Assistant District Attorney Ian Polumbaum recommended $5,000 bail and ordered that Franklin stay away from the victim, undergo a mental health evaluation, surrender all firearms and not leave the state without the approval of probation officers

Reads to me like it’s a domestic.

The news I saw said he was repeatedly raking the slide so sounds like poor gun handling and even poorer judgment

Yeah, the news never made up made part of a story.

Additional conditions of release:

Special Conditions of release in addition to bail or recognizance imposed:Stay away from victim/witness, No Abuse, No Contact with victim/witness, Surrender firearm/FID/License to carry, Stay within the State

I wonder if they'll let him carry on the badge.

Off-Duty Officer Charged with Firearm Discharge Injuring Household Member

Suffolk County Massachusetts District Attorney Rachel Rollins

Oooh, baby.

Has his LTC been revoked?
I wonder if they'll let him carry on the badge.

The point seems moot:

KOREY FRANKLIN, 32, who is a Boston Police officer, was arraigned in West Roxbury Municipal Court on charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon – under a theory of recklessness – and misleading an investigator for the Christmas Eve incident at his Hyde Park home.​

He's now under indictment for a felony -
a charge with a max sentence of 15 years (+ $10K fine).
So he's an FPP until/unless acquitted.

But will Boston PD let him carry a flintlock as a service weapon?

Was he doing backflips in the living room at the time?

He was running his slide:

Franklin told responding officers that the victim had shot herself accidentally while trying to put a personal firearm – not Franklin’s service weapon – into a gun safe. This statement was contradicted by physical aspects of the crime scene and other evidence gathered by investigators. This evidence indicated that Franklin was manipulating the gun in the living room and ejected at least two live rounds of ammunition by moving its slide back and forth. In the course of these actions, prosecutors say, the weapon discharged and the bullet struck the victim several feet away.​

Desk Wife pop.

FTFY.

Reads to me like it’s a domestic.

Yeah, the news never made up made part of a story.

Fair point , however in this case I guess I can add sarcastically also a prosecutor never made up part of a story.
So it appears like it may have happened like that in this case regardless of made up anything.

A Boston police officer has been indicted on a charge of misleading investigators after authorities responded to his home in 2018 and found his wife with a gunshot wound.

A Suffolk County grand jury returned an indictment against 33-year-old Korey Franklin of Hyde Park on Friday, according to the Suffolk District Attorney’s Office.

The indictment is for a single count of misleading police. Franklin will be arraigned May 30 in Suffolk Superior Court.

Boston police officer accused of lying in Christmas Eve shooting that injured wife is indicted

Investigators believe Franklin was manipulating the gun in the living room and ejected at least two live rounds by moving the gun’s slide back and forth.

amazing how dangerous these modern pistols can be! playing with the slide and they just go bang!! and WTF do rounds ejecting have to do with a live one going down the barrel. what a professional.

Investigators believe Franklin was manipulating the gun in the living room and ejected at least two live rounds by moving the gun’s slide back and forth.

amazing how dangerous these modern pistols can be! playing with the slide and they just go bang!! and WTF do rounds ejecting have to do with a live one going down the barrel. what a professional.
Really? Took that long? If I accidently shot my wife or she accidentally shot me under the same circumstances, one of us would be dead or hospitalized and the other would be in jail, immediately!

The difference is he initially told investigators she shot herself putting a gun in the safe....when in actuality he was manipulating the slide when it discharged and he shot her accidentally.

Irony here is that those with specialized training (outside pd) are held to a much higher standard of behavior. A person with a 4th degree black belt will still get prosecuted for defending himself and injuring an attacker simply because the judges say the black belt has a duty to minimize force due to training. Civil judges are even worse when the criminal sues the victim. Happened to a friend of mine. Got sue by a criminal who was drunk and beating his girlfriend for not giving him back his key. Friend stepped in to stop him. Drunk a-hole took a swing and ended up picking up his teeth off the ground. Judge said my friend should have used less force due to his training.
So why was this officer, who supposedly has far more training that the average gun owner, not charged with assault with a deadly weapon, obstruction of justice, attempted murder? If he is indeed trained, then it is highly unlikely that it was a negligent discharge.

Back
Top Bottom