Box of Yugoslavian SKSs at local dealer

Was at Collector's today and went upstairs to look for some powder. They had a large box of what looked like really nice SKSs. I think they we just a tad over $200 ea. They each had a bayonet and some other harware in the box. Haven't been really be interested in Mil Surps but these looked nice except they were covered in so much grease I could hardly touch it.

My question- how the heck do these things exist in such good condition? I didn't inspect them real well but I'd swear they were new.

You make X amount of rifles for your uses. You find that you have more than you really need so instead of throwing them away, you check that they are up to spec and coat them in cosmoline. Put them into a warehouse that has good climate control and you have Yugo model 59/66's that look like they came off the assembly line yesterday!

( You eventually figure out as the milsurp guy that cosmoline sucks to get off but if the wrapping survived the ages good, the rifle inside is probably very good to outstanding. )

Joe R.

Was at Collector's today and went upstairs to look for some powder. They had a large box of what looked like really nice SKSs. I think they we just a tad over $200 ea.

I saw those a few weeks ago. Kinda pricey but you can at least see what you're getting.

My question- how the heck do these things exist in such good condition? I didn't inspect them real well but I'd swear they were new

Thats because they could have been new.[grin] Yugo 59/66 SKS' are still in production and some of the imports you see at shops and shows are fairly fresh rifles. That also explains why some of the slings and ammo pouches look like they been made yesterday. The fact that they're classed as a curio and relic rifle kept the newer ones coming in for a while.

Back
Top Bottom