Boulder CO banning "assault weapons" NEW update post 89 people are saying FO

"Only 342 “assault weapons,” or semiautomatic rifles, were certified by Boulder police before the Dec. 31 deadline, meaning there could be thousands of residents in the scenic university town of 107,000 in violation of the sweeping gun-control ordinance.
Given that the average gun owner possesses multiple weapons, she said the 342 certificates could have been issued to as few as two dozen residents. She knows one owner who certified four firearms, another who certified eight."

lol.

So if one removes the lower, it is just a lower with no caliber. The upper and rest of the parts are just "parts" at that point, not a rifle.

Not really, the Boulder Ordinance covers that too if you have "any part" or "combination of parts" that can be assembled into a gun. Any parts that can be used to assemble an "assault weapon" will be considered "Constructive knowledge," i.e., constructive possession.

BTW, this ordinance to certify also appears to apply to pistols and shotguns, too.

(e) Any part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, including any combination of parts from which an assault weapon may be readily assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person. Constructive knowledge means knowledge of facts or circumstances sufficient to cause a reasonable person to be aware of the fact in question.

https://www-static.bouldercolorado....14.488125907.1546616304-1991984844.1546616304

You're forgetting that by selfishly saving themselves, they snuffed out the life of a young person with potential to do AMAZING things in this world.

What if that youthful offender would have grown up to be the next Albert Einstein?

Yes, the libs really do think like that...

If they really thought this way in their heart of hearts, they would be against most abortions. In a word, they are hypocrites of the highest order.

While I'm disappointed in the 342 registrations, I'm heartened that it may represent a far smaller number of quislings.

From the end of the article: "Given that the average gun owner possesses multiple weapons, she said the 342 certificates could have been issued to as few as two dozen residents. She knows one owner who certified four firearms, another who certified eight."

‘I Cannot Comply’: A Second Amendment Advocate’s Fight Against the City of Boulder, Colorado

"A Second Amendment advocate fighting against a constitutionally questionable gun ban and certification ordinance in the city of Boulder, Colorado, says he and his daughter have been targeted and bullied as his case winds through the court system.

The city last May passed an ordinance requiring gun owners to “certify” their “assault weapons” or remove their firearms from city limits. Those who didn’t could face fines, jail, and confiscation and destruction of their firearms.

The next day, attorneys from the conservative Mountain States Legal Foundation sued the city on behalf of Jon Caldara, Boulder resident and president of the Independence Institute; the Boulder Rifle Club Inc., a Colorado nonprofit corporation; a member of the University of Colorado Shooting Team; and others.

The foundation argues that the ordinance violates multiple provisions of the U.S. Constitution and the state constitution, and at least two state statutes."

BTW, the article goes on to state that the daughter has been "bullied" at school over this. Classy.

Second Amendment Supporters Are Taking the City of Boulder, Colorado, to Task

BTW, the article goes on to state that the daughter has been "bullied" at school over this. Classy.

Yep.

...my daughter has been targeted at her Boulder school, the one with posters celebrating tolerance and diversity all over the walls. My refusal to submit has been commented on by teachers in front of their classes. She has been ganged up on by students and bullied because “her father is a murderer.” She is worried that I will be taken to jail. As a single dad to her and her handicapped brother, I have to admit I’m worried about that too.​

Frankly, if they give out an award for smacking down the Boulder ordinance with a lawsuit,
she's the one who should get it.

Californians have completely ruined CO, I grew up in Boulder, sure there were lots of hippy dipshit types in Boulder, but there were also a lot of good conservative "western" people who have become outnumbered by the nut jobs who fled CA taxes and traffic. I feel sad for my old Colorado friends who have watched their beautiful state getting ruined. My neighborhood in Boulder, in the mid 70's, nobody thought a thing of me and my friends carrying rifles and shotguns all over the place, going out to the fields shooting prairie dogs and 'yotes. Nowadays we'd probably get swatted.

Boulder has gone downhill since Mork returned to Ork...

iu

View attachment 232787. WTF a made up word in the last 10 years. I may have a AR15 or not but it is not rapid fire , does that mean it’s not a a assault rifle?

Considering the AR15 isn’t used by any infantry in the world, I’d say it’s not an Assualt Rifle.

Last edited:
They can join New York, Connecticut, and (some of) California.

Colorado, New York, Connecticut and "just possibly but not sure" Mass aren't stupid enough to TRY to catch, prosecute and imprison ALL the resisters if the majority decides not to comply.

California... I think they might not care if they had to build dozens of new prisons.

Colorado, New York, Connecticut and "just possibly but not sure" Mass aren't stupid enough to TRY to catch, prosecute and imprison ALL the resisters if the majority decides not to comply.

California... I think they might not care if they had to build dozens of new prisons.

The problem with noncompliance is:

1. You can’t use your stuff without risking getting picked off.
2. They pick you off one by one for other reasons.

Bob

Ironically, he sort of publicly certified that he does in fact own so called "assault" weapons.

Thankfully someone(s) was willing to take a stand.

I hope they win BIG against the city.

Makes for an imteresting strategy. Get a group of people who do not own assault rifles to be the vocal voice saying they will not under any circumstance register any assault weapons. Let the city try and make an example of them.

Californians have completely ruined CO, I grew up in Boulder, sure there were lots of hippy dipshit types in Boulder, but there were also a lot of good conservative "western" people who have become outnumbered by the nut jobs who fled CA taxes and traffic. I feel sad for my old Colorado friends who have watched their beautiful state getting ruined. My neighborhood in Boulder, in the mid 70's, nobody thought a thing of me and my friends carrying rifles and shotguns all over the place, going out to the fields shooting prairie dogs and 'yotes. Nowadays we'd probably get swatted.

I remember that Boulder. It's been dead for years.

Back
Top Bottom