• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston police captain surrenders guns, accused of domestic assault

commodon

NES Member
A Boston police captain has surrendered his guns and is on desk duty after being arrested in Milton following an alleged domestic assault, police said.

Capt. Timothy Connolly, 53, has also been ordered to stay away from his wife. He is due back in court April 19 on two counts of domestic assault and battery, according to the Norfolk District Attorney’s Office. He pleaded not guilty today to those charges.

“The captain has been assigned to desk duty pending an Internal Affairs investigation that is pending,” said Boston police spokesman Detective Sgt. John Boyle.

The alleged victim has taken out a restraining order against Connolly until February 2020, said Norfolk DA spokesman David Traub.

The arrest was in Milton on Thursday afternoon and Connolly was arraigned today in Quincy District Court. He was “in an unmarked vehicle when he encountered responding police a short distance from his residence,” Traub added in a statement.

Connolly had been a commander in Area C-11, which covers Dorchester and parts of Mattapan. He is now at police headquarters.

From Boston police captain surrenders guns, accused of domestic assault – Boston Herald

His guns are well protected. Probably being brushed with a fresh coat of CLP daily by some rookie. His divorce proceedings will go through and restraining order dropped, after that he gets his guns back. No way he gets convicted, NO WAY!

I want to know the details of the alleged assault. I want to know if the wife is having an affair. No reason to beat her for sure but wondering if she is just trying to get her hubby out of the way and screw him over with his job...

I want to know the details of the alleged assault. I want to know if the wife is having an affair. No reason to beat her for sure but wondering if she is just trying to get her hubby out of the way and screw him over with his job...

He hit the wrong Phuong.

Phuong Bui described for the judge what happened at the pair's Milton home Thursday. She claimed a verbal fight escalated into violence. "He took two hands and pushed me and I went back hard against the wall," Bui said.

Bui claims Connolly shoved her and smacked the back of her head. "I looked at him and, I'm like, 'you hit me, you hit me, you crossed the line.'"

She did not require medical attention.

Boston Police Department captain accused of domestic assault and battery

No reason?? I could give you like 17 right off the top of my head. You can wake me from a drunken stupor; I could still give you like nine. Dude, there’s plenty of reasons to hit a woman, you just don’t do it.

I like how he was able to "surrender his guns", rather than "were confiscated" like what would happen to any of us.

No reason?? I could give you like 17 right off the top of my head. You can wake me from a drunken stupor; I could still give you like nine. Dude, there’s plenty of reasons to hit a woman, you just don’t do it.

It's not that I "just don't do it". I have no desire to hit anyone. Plus I would never ever hit my wife, the mother of my children for any reason. So barring any mental disorder I can't see a reason that I would hit my wife.

It's not that I "just don't do it". I have no desire to hit anyone. Plus I would never ever hit my wife, the mother of my children for any reason. So barring any mental disorder I can't see a reason that I would hit my wife.
Right. I get it. My comment was a quote from Bill Burrs stand up routine.

Its a joke from a standup act. No need to get the internet offensive police involved

Back
Top Bottom