Boston LTC A Issued in less than 3 weeks

Went to Moon Island to take the qualification test on August 4, and my license just arrived in the mail today.

Not so thrilled with the "SPORT AND TARGET NO CONCEAL CARRY" restriction, [STRIKE]but that's life[/STRIKE] but that's not a battle for right now.

At least they got it to me in a timely fashion. [grin]

Last edited:
ashtonpunked-thumb.jpg

j/k

congrats...i guess. doesn't it piss you off that a lot of us can CCW to your house and you can't???? you need to write a very well worded letter...

Went to Moon Island to take the qualification test on August 4, and my license just arrived in the mail today.

Not so thrilled with the "SPORT AND TARGET NO CONCEAL CARRY" restriction, but that's life.

At least they got it to me in a timely fashion. [grin]
Congratulations ! Now, what do you plan on buying ?

Congratulations ! Now, what do you plan on buying ?

Not sure. I've only ever shot a Glock 27, Sig P245 and Beretta 92FS, so any wish list I could provide (outside of those) would basically be me telling you which ones I think look nice.

I did shoot the Sig recently, and I feel like I can handle a .45, so it will likely be in that caliber. Cost is a factor, but I'm willing to pay for quality—say $1000 max, maybe a little more depending on circumstances. I'd rather have a less expensive gun and lots of ammo for the range than an expensive gun and nothing to shoot it with, though.

Headed out to Western Mass this weekend, so maybe I'll take the opportunity to head over to S&W on Saturday morning and try a few of their guns.

Last edited:
that's a whole nother thread, but... a M&P45?

i don't know your experience, but i'd suggest getting a rifle and pistol with the $1k.

i.e. M&P9 and a M&P15-22. ammo is cheaper and you'll have to fine guns that run like tanks. replace either with another similar cost gun... but that's just me [wink]

They are actually printing no conceal carry on the license now? When they put on the license what you can not do are they opening the door to being allowed to do things not denied on the license. I guess you could interpret this to mean "I can open carry" because they did not deny it.

Not sure. I've only ever shot a Glock 27, Sig P245 and Beretta 92FS, so any wish list I could provide (outside of those) would basically be me telling you which ones I think look nice.

Shop around. Go to a bunch of stores and ask to look at a bunch of different pistols, so you can see if they fit your hand/feel natural.

You mean they denied your rights in a timely fashion.

The right to 'bear' has not been affirmed (yet) by any court. So far all we have affirmed is the right to 'keep'. Stay tuned, there are probably about six 'right to carry' cases working their way through the federal courts right now. Two of the more prominent ones have activity scheduled in the next couple of weeks.

It took years to build this wall. Don't expect it to come down in one blow.

Back
Top Bottom