• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston firearm prohibitionist: ban "assault weapons" to demilitarize police

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
To 'Demilitarize' Police, First Ban Assault Weapons
That massive shift in the power dynamic between police and criminals could only happen because Congress appropriately banned semi-automatic military-style rifles in 1986.
Must have missed that ban.
Massachusetts has had strict gun control laws since 1998 — among the strictest in the country. It has banned the sale and transfer of semi-automatic rifles since 2016. Crime hasn’t gone up, fascism — at least on the local level — hasn’t gone up. Safety, on the other hand? It’s a good bet.
We can start to break this cycle at the ballot box on Nov. 3 by electing a new president and Congress committed to demilitarizing the police by enacting a permanent assault weapons ban.

"We can start to break this cycle at the ballot box on Nov. 3 by electing a new president and Congress committed to demilitarizing the police by enacting a permanent assault weapons ban."

You'll also start CWII.

"The National Firearms Act was amended in 1986 to ban all new automatic firearms in the aftermath of cartel-fueled gun violence in Miami’s "Cocaine Cowboys" era in the 1980s. While that largely removed fully automatic weapons from criminals’ hands and saved lives,"

Really, that's where they got machine guns? Because I thought they smuggled in from Latin America or stole them from National Guard armories. [rolleyes] (Security at those armories was a joke back then and thousands of weapons went missing)

What type of bootlicker thinks that "well if people didn't have guns the police wouldn't need them either." You can thank the military industrial complex and USA: World Police for that.

douchebag said:
While that largely removed fully automatic weapons from criminals’ hands and saved lives, production of nearly identical models, available only as semi-automatics, went unabated until the federal Assault Weapons Ban in 1994. That ban had a fatal flaw: It left millions of semiautomatic weapons, which can fire single rounds in rapid succession, still in circulation.

EABOD and choke to death on them. And I say that in the nicest way possible.

"Any attempt will have gun rights advocates and their defenders on Capitol Hill crying foul. But as a licensed gun owner in Massachusetts who has participated in recreational shooting sports such as trap shooting, I see right through their arguments."

He doesn't see through any argument. In fact he completely misses the point. Plus I think he is a liar about being licensed in Mass. Although he could be since he thinks a license is for recreational sports and trap shooting.

So now the militarization of the police force is our fault too? I don't know what this Fudd Twatwaffle is going on about but I'm pretty sure I want my 5 minutes back.

I do agree, however, on the issue of personal use AR-15 for cops in MA. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I do agree on one point he makes. Remove the special consideration that allows LEO to get pretty much whatever they want for personal use. Make them follow the same rules/laws as everyone else for personal firearms.

Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day. Groins has no idea how the world works. Just how he FEEELS about it.

The proper response to all of this: DEFUND PUBLIC TELEVISION AND RADIO!

The STUPID is extremely strong in that article. The deranged leftist anti-2A author doesn't seem to know or understand much of anything. How can one go through life so damn STUPID? [thinking]

However, I will agree on one point that he accidentally got right: Eliminate the special exemptions/privileges granted to police. My life is no less valuable than theirs.

lol...is the "Waybackmachine" link because you don't want to go to WGBH directly?

What is this guy even saying? I think I grasp that he wants to remove the police's ability to obtain "military style assault weapons" (as he's referring to them). But the "why" of this article is not very clear. First he explains that the police needed to beef up their fire power in response to being outgunned by criminals. So his response is to now take that part away? So let the criminals have the advantage while police and legally licensed people can't defend themselves?

There very well could be some valid reasons to reduce police militarization, but this article isn't making any decent or even understandable points. On first read, I couldn't even tell what the point was.

He's got feelings and the world should change because of them. Just because his feelings are at odds with each other don't make them invalid. Now march to his orders or he'll write again!

Back
Top Bottom