Borrowing Glock Rear Sight Tool

I am wondering if anyone has a Glock rear sight tool I could borrow to install Meps?
We could meet at Mass Rifle or a place of your choosing. The whole process should take no more than 10-20 minutes.

Thanks,

Andrew.

I have installed Meps and factory sights on my G17 and believe me this does not require any special install tool.

Put the slide in a towel and secure in a vice and tap the old sight out with a wood dowel and hammer.

Install meps the same way. If the rear sight is not going in easily, dress the edge with a small file. This only takes 2-3 minutes to do. If you go to Glock Talk you will see that many gunsmiths use this method.

You also want to put a drop of loctite on both sights.

A minor point for the threaded front sight which differs from the instructions. Put the screw in first and hold in place with one finger and flip slide over and mount the sight on the screw and start turning to start the thread. This is much easier.

I have the MGW ( or EGW, forget wwhich maker ) Glock sight pusher that will work on the most of the sights easily. I live in Franklin and if you're nearby we can get together to install the sights. Let me know.

Loctite the front sight per instructions but is only needed on the rear sight if you take too much metal off fitting it into the dovetail. I know this as the Glockmeister pusher is only good for the factories or sights with the same profile. The pusher wouldn't drive on the Heinie rear straight - the one I got from Custon Glock Racing does this easily.

Joe R.

Back
Top Bottom