• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BOHICA: Vermont Gun Owners

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member

The legislation also creates a crime of negligent firearms storage and expands the state’s extreme risk protection orders so that a state’s attorney, the attorney general’s office or a family or household member may ask a court to prohibit a person from purchasing, possessing or receiving a dangerous weapon.

after having been to Vermont a few times, I can honestly say nothing redeeming at all about the state. If my buddy didn't have hunting land up there, I'd probably never go back.
My sister is up in the NE Kingdom near Burke. The state just doesn’t do a damn thing for us.
We discussed it and both agreed instantly on that point besides a speed limit on the snowmobile trails is a NFW am I riding there. She informed me my brother got bagged for speeding. 😂

Such a gorgeous place but Jesus! The Bolsheviks have made it a shithole. I went into a McDonalds during a work trip last year and there were three receptacles for my waste. I think it was plastic, paper, and then food.

Mine all went in the same barrel. Lousy commies can kiss my hind parts.

Most of the hotels around Burlington have been invaded by drug addicted mendicants. Available hotels are around $250- $300 because of lack of availability. I ended up staying at a dump in Colchester for $125 where half the hotel was taken up by vagrants. They were loitering in the parking lot drinking 40’s and smoking whatever. Every night there was a fight.

This is extremely disappointing to see. I hope people in VT start fighting back on this as well as the red flag, and "high capacity" mag ban....

If there is anything I hate more than a liberal its a God damn hippy. Since most if not all hippies are liberal than that makes it easy.
You ain’t wrong. I got a neighbor who is loaded$ I’ve known for 25 + years and nice guy but OMFG does he not give up a DJT nauseous comment or have some stupid conversation about machine guns are illegal and nobody can own them.
That was an interesting conversation over dinner at the bar. 😂

His wife was on a committee to change a stupid gun ordinance in town that should be overturned in a few weeks at town meeting. She was on the other side of the table and is an absolute sweetheart.
I don’t get it.

This is what happens when hippies vote. Vermont just out-Massachusetts' Massachusetts. [angry] [sad][angry2]

How so?

The bill hasn't passed yet and even if it does, VT has constitutional carry (including nonresidents), no permit needed to purchase a firearm, a 15-round limit for handguns, no "registration" of guns like MA, AR15s are legal, no gun roster, and suppressors are legal. VT is still a lot better than MA for firearm ownership.

You ain’t wrong. I got a neighbor who is loaded$ I’ve known for 25 + years and nice guy but OMFG does he not give up a DJT nauseous comment or have some stupid conversation about machine guns are illegal and nobody can own them.

His wife was on a committee to change a stupid gun ordinance in town that should be overturned in a few weeks at town meeting. She was on the other side of the table and is an absolute sweetheart.
I don’t get it.
My first experience with a hippy was in college. Keep in mind I’m not that old so my college days was way past any hippy hey day. But I chumed up with a group that had this hard core hippy in it. This guys parents were old school dead heads and he was no different. Rasta hat, John Lennon glasses, patchouli cologne the whole nine yards. We were at a party one night and we were both smoking a butt around the bar. He says to me whatcha smoking. I replied Marlboro. He gave me a disgusted look and a shitty tone. Told me all condescending like that I should be ashamed to smoke Marlboro because they had synthetic filters and they were bad for the environment. Said I should smoke camels like him because they were cotton filters thus environmentally friendly. I looked at him confused for a second and then got pissed. Jumped right down his throat and said we’re smoking cigarettes you f***ing idiot. It’s all bad for the environment.!!!! That was the day I was done with hippies. f***ing morons

If there is anything I hate more than a liberal its a God damn hippy. Since most if not all hippies are liberal than that makes it easy.
same... was flying to Portland, OR, once, and one was sitting next to me. She wasn't all that bad (maybe a 6.1), but no deodorant.... and at one point she had taken her shoes off, started sitting sideways in the window seat and had the front third of both her feat stuck under my ass. She was completely detached from reality which actually made her quite interestint to talk to (the flight was certainly not a boring one). The cabin attendants were slow to bring water. I had a scuba-tank sized one and she was thirsty, so I refilled her cup before drinking from it. I tolerated this only because she was borderline bangable.

I was in Burlington last weekend, It's thankfully my daughters last year at UVM. I've noticed a change in just the four years she's been there. I can't believe how much hotel rooms cost up there. We stayed at a pretty decent hotel and like others have said there were people hanging out, partying in the parking lot. They had a grill going etc. I was concerned about my truck so called the front desk. They basically brushed it off as normal. My daughter tells me about people she knows getting robbed at gunpoint, cars vandalized, theft etc. The cops tell the victims "Sorry there isn't much we can do". The politicians bought into the defund police thing and crime skyrocketed. They're trying to walk that back now.
Saw A young guy early Saturday morning all messed up on something. This guy was Tweaked. Not the usual heroin or drunk thing. Then at noon a guy was shot in the chest on Main St.
It was a pretty cool city just four years ago,

I was in Burlington last weekend, It's thankfully my daughters last year at UVM. I've noticed a change in just the four years she's been there. I can't believe how much hotel rooms cost up there. We stayed at a pretty decent hotel and like others have said there were people hanging out, partying in the parking lot. They had a grill going etc. I was concerned about my truck so called the front desk. They basically brushed it off as normal. My daughter tells me about people she knows getting robbed at gunpoint, cars vandalized, theft etc. The cops tell the victims "Sorry there isn't much we can do". The politicians bought into the defund police thing and crime skyrocketed. They're trying to walk that back now.
Saw A young guy early Saturday morning all messed up on something. This guy was Tweaked. Not the usual heroin or drunk thing. Then at noon a guy was shot in the chest on Main St.
It was a pretty cool city just four years ago,

That's the future of all cities, small and large, just the way it is going to be, unfortunately, with how things are going in this country.

I am sure @SIGNES will be happy.

Can't allow CC without some sort of restriction. It is for the children. He has 500 rounds at Moon Island, he knows.

On the bright side Bruen will get this struck down which will strike down waiting periods. On the down side, years of litigation to get there.
The only positive side of these bills is that hopefully the courts shut them down making it harder to pass new laws. That is IF (a big IF) the courts shut it down.

I am not saying it is good they are passing laws (for those with sand in the vag), I am saying this is one potential positive outcome out of a sh*t situation that shouldn't be happening.

I don’t get it.
Opposites attract I guess

How so?

The bill hasn't passed yet and even if it does, VT has constitutional carry (including nonresidents), no permit needed to purchase a firearm, a 15-round limit for handguns, no "registration" of guns like MA, AR15s are legal, no gun roster, and suppressors are legal. VT is still a lot better than MA for firearm ownership.
Thanks. I don't pay much attention to what happens in Vermont. I'm still trying to shake 18 years of Massachusetwoshits paranoia outta my brain since I moved here 15 years ago.

I am sure @SIGNES will be happy.

Can't allow CC without some sort of restriction. It is for the children. He has 500 rounds at Moon Island, he knows.
Cute. but no. Not happy, at all.

And, they're selling it as an effort to reduce the suicide rate. Meanwhile, Japan and Australia which both massively restrict access to firearms have suicide rates similar to the U.S. Not letting the 'antis' lump suicide into gun stats is one way we need to change the debate.

Vermont, the recently cited poster child state for Constitutional Carry, the solution to all erosion of freedom...

"Everything's ok from now on because we have Bruen and Heller" is pure fantasy.

Plus, there's this I'm also not happy about:

And none y'all will be either. Sen. Menendez, Rep. Watson Coleman Renew Bicameral Effort to Outlaw Gun Silencers | U.S. Senator Bob Menendez of New Jersey which, if you do some further reading, also changes suppressors from being classified as firearms which would protect them under 2A to... not. Note also that the bill calls for confiscations. Confi-mutha-$%^&in'-scations! No, that probably won't survive a court challenge right now but that's not assured in the long term. I'm calling my Congressfolks on Monday morning and you should too.
--------------------------------
I was thinking about the term Fudd as I was putting away stuff from last night's 300 rounds at the range not at Moon Island...

The 'Fudds' are exactly the people more experienced shooters should be trying not to alienate because they already have their li'l .380 or grampee's old hunting rifle they never shoot but would still likely be pissed if they were taken from them. All too many folks in this community do is #$%^& all over them and make them feel like outsiders to some exclusive club rather than as the 'almost already signed their enlistment papers' into the corps of effective advocates or at least voters to preserve our rights.

Ask yoursleves this, would the all too common crap attitude we see in text here fly for even five minutes in person, face to face conversation at a Sig Academy or MFS class?
No?
Why not?
Because they want to sell more guns and they know tone matters.

How about we consider this Admin post from 2016 a bit more and try to be productive? READ ME ******Posting on NES*******

Cute. but no. Not happy, at all.

And, they're selling it as an effort to reduce the suicide rate. Meanwhile, Japan and Australia which both massively restrict access to firearms have suicide rates similar to the U.S. Not letting the 'antis' lump suicide into gun stats is one way we need to change the debate.

Vermont, the recently cited poster child state for Constitutional Carry, the solution to all erosion of freedom...

"Everything's ok from now on because we have Bruen and Heller" is pure fantasy.

Plus, there's this I'm also not happy about:

And none y'all will be either. Sen. Menendez, Rep. Watson Coleman Renew Bicameral Effort to Outlaw Gun Silencers | U.S. Senator Bob Menendez of New Jersey which, if you do some further reading, also changes suppressors from being classified as firearms which would protect them under 2A to... not. Note also that the bill calls for confiscations. Confi-mutha-$%^&in'-scations! No, that probably won't survive a court challenge right now but that's not assured in the long term. I'm calling my Congressfolks on Monday morning and you should too.
--------------------------------
I was thinking about the term Fudd as I was putting away stuff from last night's 300 rounds at the range not at Moon Island...

The 'Fudds' are exactly the people more experienced shooters should be trying not to alienate because they already have their li'l .380 or grampee's old hunting rifle they never shoot but would still likely be pissed if they were taken from them. All too many folks in this community do is #$%^& all over them and make them feel like outsiders to some exclusive club rather than as the 'almost already signed their enlistment papers' into the corps of effective advocates or at least voters to preserve our rights.

Ask yoursleves this, would the all too common crap attitude we see in text here fly for even five minutes in person, face to face conversation at a Sig Academy or MFS class?
No?
Why not?
Because they want to sell more guns and they know tone matters.

How about we consider this Admin post from 2016 a bit more and try to be productive? READ ME ******Posting on NES*******
What do you mean?

It is exactly what you have been preaching in the other thread, you want more gun control.

If you understood what a Fudd is, which you don't seem to, you would understand why we sh*t all over them, here and in person. I have no problem sh*tting on a Fudd in person.

@Broc, I've written plenty for you to know what I mean. Hell, I think it was my first post on this topic where I said suppressor regulation is a particularly egregious example of pointless regulation we could stand a real chance to get loosened rather than tightened with even a modicum of diplomacy. I am not for 'more regulation' at all, I am for preemptively defining the terms of the debate since we're never going to have absolute freedom to have anything, anywhere, any time, at any age no matter what our criminal history. My argument is that absolutism is futile and if we can't establish ourselves as 'reasonable' to relatively disinterested voters outside the 'have a drawer full of holsters we ended up not liking' set, we're gonna loose all our rights to the nanny state.

Enlighten me, how do you define 'Fudd'? I define it as a person who may, to a point, shoot but has a stick up their nether regions and little to no experience with firearms to back up their claims of hands-on expertise and 'rule making' behaviors. The R.O. who says "no rapid fire" if you're going through more than ten rounds a minute, who tells you that you must have a manual safety instead of saying they prefer them and why. The guy who thinks Sig 320's climb out of their cases and holsters and shoot kittens every day but who's never even heard of Glock Leg. The guy who owns a gun but wants to make it unreasonably hard for anyone else to get one despite never actually firing, even understanding their own in any serious way. The ones too dumb to point out that 'may issue' is mechanism of racist/classist control as the way to win the argument and that if you're gonna win that argument so you can keep your rights, you can't be a racist or classist.

[edit] P.S. "Never sh*t all over anyone who hasn't directly and repeatedly (or violently) personally attacked you" is a good strategy for life. It's way, way, too easy to win by living better than to stoop to sh*ting on somebody. Learning that lesson, perhaps too late in life, has been incredibly beneficial to me and I sincerely hope you get to enjoy the good fortune that comes from that approach. And, no, that does not mean being a humorless stick in the mud so afraid of offending you can't have some fun and make crass jokes. [/edit]

Last edited:
What do you mean?

It is exactly what you have been preaching in the other thread, you want more gun control.

If you understood what a Fudd is, which you don't seem to, you would understand why we sh*t all over them, here and in person. I have no problem sh*tting on a Fudd in person.
Exactly
FUDs are actually worse - they are pro gun control as long as it doesn't touch their tiny feifdom. And if it does effect them they will make ineffective arguments as to why everyone should be required to comply.
They are those the anti's use to show how we are fringe fanatics.

They need to mocked and ostracized with vicious determination.

Back
Top Bottom