Bob's Tactical Salisbury MA

whacko

NES Member
Don't know if NEshooters allows members to post "props" to certain businesses but guess the mods will delete if it is against the rules.

Picked up my first revolver from Bob's Tactical in Salisbury MA earlier this week. Went back to take my wife and son for some practice yesterday afternoon. They were a bit crowded and had to wait a bit for a lane but the people there are a fantastic crowd. They all love to chat and help everyone out. They certainly run a great business up there. They make everyone feel welcome.....rookies just there to rent....new folks to the sport.....experienced shooters.....does not matter. When I arrived they recognized me right away from purchasing the new revolver last week and everyone there makes you feel like you are friends. Ive been shopping around at many shops in the past month trying to decide on what hand gun to purchase for me and the wife to use the other shops don't seem so friendly. Bob's tactical is GREAT! If you are new to the sport check out Bob's......you'll be glad you did.

They are truly "good people"!

Don't know if NEshooters allows members to post "props" to certain businesses but guess the mods will delete if it is against the rules.

Picked up my first revolver from Bob's Tactical in Salisbury MA earlier this week. Went back to take my wife and son for some practice yesterday afternoon. They were a bit crowded and had to wait a bit for a lane but the people there are a fantastic crowd. They all love to chat and help everyone out. They certainly run a great business up there. They make everyone feel welcome.....rookies just there to rent....new folks to the sport.....experienced shooters.....does not matter. When I arrived they recognized me right away from purchasing the new revolver last week and everyone there makes you feel like you are friends. Ive been shopping around at many shops in the past month trying to decide on what hand gun to purchase for me and the wife to use the other shops don't seem so friendly. Bob's tactical is GREAT! If you are new to the sport check out Bob's......you'll be glad you did.

They are truly "good people"!

You run into a wide range of shooters at Bob's (sometimes not with safety first in mind), but the guys on the counter are very friendly and helpful.

First place I ever shot at and have been there multiple times since, great people and a good shop. After you go in a few times they start warming up even more, last time I was in there to pick up a rifle (actually my girlfriend bought it for my birthday present) we rented a lane for maybe 3 hours, only $10. Considering it's usually $20 per hour I'd say the hooked us up a bit.

Some of the best customer service I’ve had in my life there as well. I had initially called them about 2 week prior to buying the rifle to make sure they had it in stock. The gentleman took my name and info and set the rifle aside. The next night he calls me kind of freaking out; “Hey, I’m sorry but I forgot to ask you this yesterday, did you want the synthetic stock or the wood stock? I wanted to call back to make sure you got what you actually wanted because we only had one left in stock”. After talking to him and asking his opinion on it, I took the synthetic stock that he had originally put aside. To me this is going above and beyond what he needed to do. Calling back to make sure I got what I really wanted, and taking the time to talk me through it on the phone, will prompt be to buy from them again, even if it’s an hour away and a bit more expensive.

So, you never said what revolver you bought??

First place I ever shot at and have been there multiple times since, great people and a good shop. After you go in a few times they start warming up even more, last time I was in there to pick up a rifle (actually my girlfriend bought it for my birthday present) we rented a lane for maybe 3 hours, only $10. Considering it's usually $20 per hour I'd say the hooked us up a bit.

Some of the best customer service I’ve had in my life there as well. I had initially called them about 2 week prior to buying the rifle to make sure they had it in stock. The gentleman took my name and info and set the rifle aside. The next night he calls me kind of freaking out; “Hey, I’m sorry but I forgot to ask you this yesterday, did you want the synthetic stock or the wood stock? I wanted to call back to make sure you got what you actually wanted because we only had one left in stock”. After talking to him and asking his opinion on it, I took the synthetic stock that he had originally put aside. To me this is going above and beyond what he needed to do. Calling back to make sure I got what I really wanted, and taking the time to talk me through it on the phone, will prompt be to buy from them again, even if it’s an hour away and a bit more expensive.

So, you never said what revolver you bought??

I got a Ruger SP101 3 1/4 bobbed hammer in 357. Nice pistol! Ive had some experience with auto's in the past....this purchase was our first for HD/CCW and it seems to do a great job splitting the difference in using it for a range gun, HD, and CCW pistol. My wife shot it very well and so did my son. We love it so far. the only thing I have noticed so far is my shot groups are very tight but low and left of bullseye. My sife and son can both hit black consistantly which is satisfactory enough for CCW/HD in my opinion. Shooting .38 special is a breaze through it......they weigh keeps the felt recoil to a minimum.....shooting 357 mag is a whallop on the hand but I shot 50 rounds of 125 grain JSP through it and my hands were not too tired so I'd say it manages the magnum rounds very well also. I'd say for $445 it is a FANTASTIC fire arm! Very versatile!

- - - Updated - - -

They sold a gun to a guy named whacko? Don't they no guns are bad? I agree, great guys.

Whacko is just my stage name!

I got a Ruger SP101 3 1/4 bobbed hammer in 357. Nice pistol! Ive had some experience with auto's in the past....this purchase was our first for HD/CCW and it seems to do a great job splitting the difference in using it for a range gun, HD, and CCW pistol. My wife shot it very well and so did my son. We love it so far. the only thing I have noticed so far is my shot groups are very tight but low and left of bullseye. My sife and son can both hit black consistantly which is satisfactory enough for CCW/HD in my opinion. Shooting .38 special is a breaze through it......they weigh keeps the felt recoil to a minimum.....shooting 357 mag is a whallop on the hand but I shot 50 rounds of 125 grain JSP through it and my hands were not too tired so I'd say it manages the magnum rounds very well also. I'd say for $445 it is a FANTASTIC fire arm! Very versatile!

- - - Updated - - -

Whacko is just my stage name!

Nice, I was looking at that as well but got an LCR. It sounds like the SP101 is going to do what you want/need it to do so that's all that matters right? Hell if you're son and wife are shooting it that easily than all the better!

Also, remind me to stay away from any stage you're on[wink]

Nice, I was looking at that as well but got an LCR. It sounds like the SP101 is going to do what you want/need it to do so that's all that matters right? Hell if you're son and wife are shooting it that easily than all the better!

Also, remind me to stay away from any stage you're on[wink]

We actually went there to buy a ruger LC9 they advertised on their website. Wife had reservations about a semi auto....she's shot auto's with me before and did not like the slide release on any of them. My wife was a riot when and was looking over the autos and revolvers and said to me "so with a revolver all I have to remember is if I loaded it right"?!?!? YUP! Thats why we decided on the revolver.....reliable and safe with double action bobbed hammer. I think the ruger sp101 357 is a GREAT choice for a first fire arm for anyone.......lots of options for ammo and built SOLID!

Yea bobs is great....awesome people...but sometimes you get some bad types on the range. I've seen a lot of stereotype types shooting there hahaha

Yea bobs is great....awesome people...but sometimes you get some bad types on the range. I've seen a lot of stereotype types shooting there hahaha

I think you get the stereotypes at any place with a rental range. I felt safe there last night though.......we were there to test fire/practice with the new ruger and definately ws able to learn what I needed about that revolver. Mission accomplished and had a ton of fun!

I took my MA Firearms class there 21 years ago! I've purchased several guns from them over the years, and the guys behind the counter have always been helpful. I prefer to go during the week when I can, when it's not such a madhouse.

A great place to go if the kids are driving you nuts when you're @ Hampton Beach ;)

great place if you are still stuck behind enemy lines, as others have said.. many idiots at the range... but behind the counter they're pretty good.

Is this thread about Original Bob's or Bay State Arms (Formerly Bob's Tactical)?

Original Bob's is the shop that has the rental range. I've never been to Bay State Arms.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this thread about Original Bob's or Bay State Arms (Formerly Bob's Tactical)?

Original Bob's is the shop that has the rental range. I've never been to Bay State Arms.

And here's the NES thread on Original Bob's. http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/124346-ORIGINAL-BOB-S-SALISBURY-MA

- - - Updated - - -

And here's the NES thread on Original Bob's. http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/124346-ORIGINAL-BOB-S-SALISBURY-MA

I started the thread about my experience at Bob's tactical shooting range and gun shop on route 1 in Saldibury.......web link is http://www.originalbobsshootingrange.com/

Ya, but my point is I'm pretty sure the place you're talking about is not called Bob's tactical... Bob's Tactical was a completely different shop on the same road that has since changed its name (probably to end some confusion).

There was Bob's Tactical, now it is Bob's Original. I don't know what relationship the owner of Bay State Arms has with the owner of Bob's Original, but he claims that he used to be partners with someone else at another gun shop, but went out on his own saying that he was the only one who was putting up money, yet his partner was the one making all the money.

If Bob's Tactical was, in fact, the shop that the BSA owner was referring to, that may explain the name change. FWIW, based on my interactions at both shops, I'll go to Bob's every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

You bet! He currently has .357 125 grain jsp on sale for $21 for a box of 50.......I was running low on cash Saturday or would have picked up a few boxes......I'll be there this week to take advantage of that sale!

Nothing but good experiences from my visits as well. Glad to hear they are still as friendly as I remember them.

I had called Jack's ( the manager ) cell this AM because I wanted to see if he had matching Sig P238's for my daughter and her fiance's bridal shower next month. Nothing says " Love " like firearms. He just called me back and said today was his last day @ Bob's and he had just left. He must've worked there just under a decade. I knew Jack before he worked there. It took us a little while to remember where we knew each other from but he used to work for one of my customers in the 90's. He's gonna take some time off and ride his Indian around. I haven't been up to the shop much in the last six months but this was a shock to me.

I had called Jack's ( the manager ) cell this AM because I wanted to see if he had matching Sig P238's for my daughter and her fiance's bridal shower next month. Nothing says " Love " like firearms. He just called me back and said today was his last day @ Bob's and he had just left. He must've worked there just under a decade. I knew Jack before he worked there. It took us a little while to remember where we knew each other from but he used to work for one of my customers in the 90's. He's gonna take some time off and ride his Indian around. I haven't been up to the shop much in the last six months but this was a shock to me.

I actually started this thread about Bob's. 2 years ago. Things have definitely changed at Bobs over the last year......not the same.

I like the staff there but i dont use their range for the safety concerns already mentioned. Seen way too many safety issues in my brief time there, so i shoot elsewhere. Also the ventilation on range isnt sk great at least for me.

to specify, i am talking about Original Bobs. Not familiar w Bobs Tactical...dont even know where it is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom