• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bob's Tactical is Open

I stopped in today and chatted with Jim. The place looks great and they are open for business. However, the range is not open as of yet. They still have more to do with regard to lead removal. I was told the range will open within the next couple of months.

Wow I am surprised it has not been commented on before your post!!

Thanks for the heads up!!!

sellscottsell said:
I stopped in today and chatted with Jim. The place looks great and they are open for business. However, the range is not open as of yet. They still have more to do with regard to lead removal. I was told the range will open within the next couple of months.

Thanks for the update. I'm more interested in the range than the gun shop, but it's certainly a step in the right direction!

I totally agree! While it is great that the shop is open, I'm hankering for the range. It'll be much better to drive 10 minutes to Bob's than the hour plus down to Worcester!

runJonnyrun said:
I totally agree! While it is great that the shop is open, I'm hankering for the range. It'll be much better to drive 10 minutes to Bob's than the hour plus down to Worcester!

You should think about HHRG- Haverhill Hound, Rod and Gun Club

If your going to spend the money 10-12x throughout the year at his range you could have a membership at your disposal all the time.

20-25 minutes from W. Newbury tops

I e-mailed them asking about this weeks ago and never got a reply. What don't they have a page showing their guns and pre-owned guns with prices so we know what they have?

Called and talked to Jim yesterday. They finally got all that sand out of the range so it shouldn't be too much longer!

SiameseRat said:
just looked at the link, has anybody ever taken the safety class there, or known anyone who has?

I took the safety class there. However, it was 12 years ago (i.e. pre-'98) and I'd wager it's a lot different now.

The class was in 1 night- it was supposed to be I think 4 hours or something like that but the night I did it there was a snow storm so he moved a bit quicker (also we all had experience).

We got to shoot for about 1/2 hour or so maybe longer- if we wanted to do more that was up to us.

My father and I took our class from Jim. My class was a couple of years ago and Dad's was just last year. In my case, I was the only student and the class moved fast. Dad had a similar experience and since we have had past experience, range time was short. In short, if you can shoot the bull’s-eye out of your target, pay attention and pass the test, you will walk out with your certificate.

According to the website, they are slated to re-open next month. I'll believe it when I see it, but it's good to hear nonetheless...

They've been saying "opening next month" - since "Grand Opening in January." I hope it's true as it'd be nice to use that range in bad weather.

I stopped in today on my way up Rt1. A few handguns
under the glass in the cases . Some long guns
in the wall racks. Walter had a lot of old ammo on the case
tops. He told me the range is closed for backstop upgrade.

Yea a friend and myself stopped in today as well.

also I took a class there about 6 years ago... The rules on an LTC have changed, so I have to do it all over again

Back
Top Bottom