Bobcat Comes to Visit

My wife got these pics tonight in our bog behind our business.

bobcat11.jpg

bobcat_11.jpg

Yeah ...pretty neat. I haven't seen one of those in-the-woods around here (north central MA/southwest NH) since I was a kid. It looks like a healthy specimen for sure.

Down in MA off of 31/119 (technically I don't know if that's Ashby or Townsend) at the back edge of Pearl State Park and the Willard Brook area, there were some that occupied the cliffs. A couple of small brooks run through the area ...my friends and I used to fish for native Brookies there and spot the cats quite frequently.

I always get a 'spark' of pleasure when I see photos of the animals that stalk or walk our woods.

Further north ...as an adult, I have had occasion to see the cats. When vacationing, about an hour north of Montreal, I must have spotted a dozen of them (probably the same three or four) over a couple of days.

Last edited:
In over forty years of fishing, hunting, hiking, boating, snowmobiling, four-wheeling, etc., I have never seen a bobcat!

The pics were taken about thirty yards from her blind. But when she first saw him, he walked right in front of the door. Three feet away!

Back
Top Bottom