• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Blue guns are dangerous - there's always that one guy...

allen-1

NES Member
I shot a match Saturday at a club I've only been to a couple of times. So, when they did their pre-match safety brief - I paid attention - there could be club rules that are specific to that club.

Safety brief was very comprehensive, definitely intended to accommodate new shooters as well as experienced ones.

MD giving brief showed us in the beginning of the brief that he had a blue plastic gun in his holster - so that he could point it at us without anyone getting worried as he demo'd "muzzle", "finger", "180", etc.

And about 10 minutes into the brief - a guy raises his hand - and says "I wasn't here for the beginning of this safety brief - but I'm not comfortable with you waving that gun around - how do we know it's not loaded?"

I give the MD credit. I probably would have said "If you'd showed up in time for the mandatory safety brief - you'd have heard me say quite clearly that this is a plastic gun - and if you looked at it, you'd see that it's blue". He, on the other hand, responded with "That's a great question, I mentioned earlier that it's a blue plastic gun - but thanks for bringing that up".

There's always at least one fcktard in any group.

I don't see a problem. Guy showed up late. Don't know why. Maybe he had a really good reason. Doesn't matter. He still showed up.

So he sees someone waving a gun around that's blue and PROBABLY not real. What should he do? Hope it's not real and shut up? Decide to leave because he's not sure? Or ask the question?

Best was during my stupid training for my pistol permit here in mASS. We are about 12 minutes into a 2-day extravaganza of boring.

This kid in teh next row up raises his hand violently while the instructor is discussing where you can carry WRT mASS. IIRC, he was talking about how it wasn't cool to pull your piece in teh clubhouse to show people without making EXTRA sure that it was EXTRA clear that the gun was unloaded. . . .all the while practicing the five-simple-rules yada yada. . .

"Sir. I have my weapon on me. Should I disarm!?"

Concealed Carry Permit class. Massachusetts. It was very early on a Sat AM and even bleary-eyed, we all just sort of looked at him. Instructor, who was a board member at said-club, brought him to hte indoor and locked the gun up.

"OK, now that that's accomplished, let's just go over something else. Concealed means concealed. Got that, everyone? Good."

The kid was like Master Blaster. "DIS-ARM!" LOL

What do the different 'shades' of blue mean...? Asking for a...

To be fair, it’s only illegal in mass to paint a toy gun to look like a real gun. I was always tempted to paint my real guns to look like toys.
Oooo! Is there a thread for that? Real guns made to look like toys? Maybe I’m bored but now I want to take the blaze orange flash suppressor off my son’s airsoft AK and put it on one of my real ones. 😆

And about 10 minutes into the brief - a guy raises his hand - and says "I wasn't here for the beginning of this safety brief - but I'm not comfortable with you waving that gun around - how do we know it's not loaded?"

There's always at least one fcktard in any group.

That guy was so brand new to everything he must've just been unwrapped from his original cellophane wrapping.

(More bluer => Doppler shift => it's really comin' straight at you!)

giphy.gif

Not all blue guns are fake.

View attachment 371275

Ugh. A gun only Jill St. John could love. I was more a Plenty O'Toole fan in that movie. (I think the car in teh movie was white. I really hate that movie. Jimmy Dean as Howard Hughes. "Bajawwww? BAJAAWWW??????" Probably Connery's worst Bond movie.

I believe Sig/ Glock makes a blue training gun that shoots simunition that uses regular 40 cal brass with a 9mm marking squib. Uses low powder charges and cycles like a regular firearm. Could probably damage an eye at close range

1594243168874.png

I have some plastic black guns that I use for training.I painted the barrels orange .

We plink the animals in our yard to chase them off using an airsoft G18 with full-auto selector. I masked off the slide and sprayed it dayglo orange. Last thing I need is a cop shooting my wife for plinking at a varmint.

Back
Top Bottom