• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bloody Video Shows Chicago Officer Shoot Fellow Cop While Firing at Fleeing Car

Reptile

NES Member
Chicago, Illinois — On July 24, 2023, the Chicago Police Department (CPD) received a complaint for a trespassing incident in the area of 300 W. 56th Place. Chicago Police officers monitored the area through a Police Observation Device (POD) and observed a group of individuals in a cul-de-sac. Several Chicago Police Officers arrived in the area in four unmarked police vehicles. Upon their arrival, officers exited their vehicles to engage the group of individuals on foot as well as an individual driving a black sedan. While on foot, multiple officers attempted to engage the driver of the BMW sedan, as the vehicle attempted to leave the area, striking a police vehicle, and ultimately fleeing the scene. During this altercation, two officers discharged their firearms at the moving sedan.

Bodycam footage shows officers repeatedly ordering the man to pull over, but he continued to drive as many officers attempted to open the door. One officer, with his gun drawn and aimed at the BMW’s driver, yelled for his fellow officers to “watch for the crossfire” before firing three shots in the direction of the driver. The officer’s initial shot appeared to have struck another CPD officer in the left hand, who was attempting to open the car door. The BMW driver was able to flee, and officers on the scene swiftly called “10-1,” a police emergency, to report bullets fired by authorities. The gunshot seemed to strike the wounded officer’s middle and ring fingers, according to the video.

Continues...

What the hell are they teaching these cops today,they are all running around doing the circle jerk.
Most of the time, they are doing mag dumps.It was just a good thing this cop didn't do a mag
dump all over his buddy.

Why are they shooting at a fleeing car with all those people standing around watching these clowns never mind the other cops!??
Watch for crossfire!? What are they teaching them?
I'll bet they are using "Call to Duty" as a model.

The guy that got shot should not have thrown his fingers in Officer Crossfire’s point of aim. Clearly, it was the wounded officer’s sworn duty to grow eyes in the back of his head and avoid the bullets. Everyone knows that watch the crossfire is cop slang for ‘I got dibs on shooting so clear the area”.

gotta love the local crowd for pointing out lapses in good judgement.

The guy that got shot should not have thrown his fingers in Officer Crossfire’s point of aim. Clearly, it was the wounded officer’s sworn duty to grow eyes in the back of his head and avoid the bullets. Everyone knows that watch the crossfire is cop slang for ‘I got dibs on shooting so clear the area”.

Technically cross fire is when you pop someone on the other side of the target no?

This is straight up friendly fire

I just assumed that a well trained officer with another well trained officer behind him would be confident that he would not be shot by his fellow officer from behind. My bad.

So many opportunities to shoot the tires but the copper wanted that kill shot.

If you're not confident in hitting the tires a few shots through the radiator won't stop them on the spot but they won't go far.

For electric cars just shoot low and target the batteries.

The sad part is the injured officer will be well compensated for his injury on the job on the taxpayer's dime.

Back
Top Bottom