Bloody Knuckle, Burns on the arm...

...Must be a good day of shooting. I took three of my step kids shooting today, they are 8,10,12. We took 2 Ruger Mark Pistols, a 10/22 with a scope and a race rifle stock, Cobray M-11, Calico M100, SVT-40, DP-28 and a single shot 30-30. I think they all went through about 800 rounds of .22lr. One of the Ruger marks was shot so much that is would shoot consistently because it was so dirty. The Calico broke after 200 rounds, now I have to find some parts to fix it. I think the DP-28 had it in for me today, I shot 60 rounds through it and it shot great, no problems. But I have a bloody knuckle from it, 3 burn marks from hot brass, the brass was bouncing off my arms, stomach and a few off my balls. I don't know if it was mad at me because I haven't shot it in a few years or what, but it abused me today. . They all had a contest at the end to see who could hit the most cans with the Ruger 10/22 at like 25 yards. They got 10 shots apiece. The 8 year old won, she got 9 out of 10, the others got 4+6. Over all we had a fun day of shooting. It was nice to get out and have some fun.

...Must be a good day of shooting. I took three of my step kids shooting today, they are 8,10,12. We took 2 Ruger Mark Pistols, a 10/22 with a scope and a race rifle stock, Cobray M-11, Calico M100, SVT-40, DP-28 and a single shot 30-30. I think they all went through about 800 rounds of .22lr. One of the Ruger marks was shot so much that is would shoot consistently because it was so dirty. The Calico broke after 200 rounds, now I have to find some parts to fix it. I think the DP-28 had it in for me today, I shot 60 rounds through it and it shot great, no problems. But I have a bloody knuckle from it, 3 burn marks from hot brass, the brass was bouncing off my arms, stomach and a few off my balls. I don't know if it was mad at me because I haven't shot it in a few years or what, but it abused me today. . They all had a contest at the end to see who could hit the most cans with the Ruger 10/22 at like 25 yards. They got 10 shots apiece. The 8 year old won, she got 9 out of 10, the others got 4+6. Over all we had a fun day of shooting. It was nice to get out and have some fun.

You should wear pants and a shirt at the range, especially with kids around.

ETA: Damn, that's a lotta good shootin.

You should wear pants and a shirt at the range, especially with kids around.

ETA: Damn, that's a lotta good shootin.

I guess the way it is written it does sound like I was shooting in the nude, but I did have pants and shirt on, if I didn't I think I would have been posting this from the hospital because I would have had burns in places that wouldn't have been nice to have burns.

Where'd you actually find 800 rounds of .22 ????

I have/had a bunch from when I had my little gun store in CT, I would buy guns from people and they didn't want the ammo so they would give it to me. I had a bunch of it but taking these kids shooting as really put a dent in my .22lr ammo, but they are worth it to let them shoot what they want. Soon I will have to venture out and find some more, I'm hoping by the time I have to get some the ammo shortage will be over

Where'd you actually find 800 rounds of .22 ????

Bought 500 today at MFS...Things might be changing finally..They had no limit on them...Should have bought 1200..CCI sub sonics and Blazers

If casings are bouncing off your balls with pants on I would suggest tucking your balls into your sock

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom