Blackberry Messanger Ammo Group

I just updated my Crackberry to Messenger 5. I'll give this a try.

Edit. I went in and scanned it, and Nothing happened. It just puts the picture on the screen but I get no confirmation that It's reading it or anything. Is there a way to manually add my self to the group?

Last edited:
I just updated my Crackberry to Messenger 5. I'll give this a try.

Edit. I went in and scanned it, and Nothing happened. It just puts the picture on the screen but I get no confirmation that It's reading it or anything. Is there a way to manually add my self to the group?

Have you been added yet? When you scanned the barcode, did it beep at you or give you some sort of confirmation that the scan was successful? You don't actually hit the button to take the picture of the barcode...When you choose to scan a barcode, just hold the camera up to the barcode so that the whole thing fits in your screen. The camera will autofocus itself so that it reads it. Typically, you will either hear a beep confirming it scanned successfully, and it will bring you to the BBM screen.

If you've done this is and it isn't working correctly, try reinstalling BBM. Go directly to this link with your BB browswer:

http://www.blackberry.com/messenger

Then retry the process. If you're still having trouble, PM me with your PIN and I'll send you an invite.

I am not a phone guy.. I have the blackberry with the touch screen and I cant figure it out.[thinking]

Mike, do you have Blackberry messenger installed on the phone?

If so click on it. When Messenger is open, click on the options and there should be an option to Scan a Group Barcode.

Let me know if you see this. Then we will continue.....

Mike, do you have Blackberry messenger installed on the phone?

If so click on it. When Messenger is open, click on the options and there should be an option to Scan a Group Barcode.

Let me know if you see this. Then we will continue.....

I have it installed. I go to options and it says

Requests
Conversation
status
miscellaneous

Ok! I think the issue is you do not have version 5+ of messenger

In the main menu go under options>Advanced Options>applications

Let it build the list and let me know what version of Blackberry Messenger you have on your phone.

We will get through this![smile]

Me too, just went through the install of all the updates and everything to get a failure.

Kind of cool though, didn't know it would do that kind of stuff.

Is this going to be put back up?

hey if you guys wanna PM me your Blackberry Pin I can send you an invite to the group. I'm not sure why the barcode isnt working. Theres no option in the group that I can see to refresh the barcode or anything, but that may only be something the creator of the group can do.

It looks like I can't do anything about it expiring. Do what F-Body suggested and PM your pin to him or myself and you can be added.

Back
Top Bottom