Blackberry Messanger Ammo Group

All of you guys that use blackberries with blackberry messenger 5.0 can scan in the barcode below. Its an NES ammo tracker group I created so we can all post stuff on the go.

1. Open Blackberry Messenger (Must be version 5.0)
2. Click scan group barcode
3. Scan the barcode below.

NESAmmoGroup2-Xf5hZ_barcode.jpg

Hit the blackberry button, find "scan a group barcode" select it, use the camera it opens up to take a pic of the bar code in the first post.

It will automatically add you to the group.

Hit the blackberry button, find "scan a group barcode" select it, use the camera it opens up to take a pic of the bar code in the first post.

It will automatically add you to the group.

I can't figure it out, maybe i have the wrong OS?? [thinking]

What blackberry model do you have and what OS version is it? Also, you need BBM 5.0 for the scan barcode to work, as well as a camera on your bb.

Your OS shouldn't matter for BBM...I was running BBM 5.0 before I upgraded to OS 5.0.

If you don't have BlackBerry AppWorld on your BB yet, get it.

Go to: http://www.blackberry.com/appworld from your BB and download AppWorld.

Go through AppWorld and download BlackBerry Messenger 5.0.0.33 (I believe is the version number).

Anyone who's got anything less than a Storm/Tour/Bold shouldn't bother to try and upgrade your OS. Right now, the Storm, Storm2, and Bold 9700 are the only BBs that have an official 5.0 OS right now. The Tour has a few leaked versions, though not all are stable. I've been running the leaked 5.0.0.230 on mine for a while and it's great...Very few quirks.

Probably way too much info for you all, but follow the AppWorld directions to get BBM.

Your

If you don't have BlackBerry AppWorld on your BB yet, get it.

Thanks for the tip. I have had this thing for a year and still don't come close to what can be done with it. I did update the OS before I saw your post. It actually had a couple of good features for my phone 8350i.

An official upgrade of your OS isn't a bad thing (typically), but I just didn't want anyone going and upgrading to a leaked OS, especially if you're not sure what you're doing. Not that anyone would go and try to do that, but my point is that it isn't necessary to upgrade the OS to begin with.

I just ended up getting the newest version of BB messenger for my World Edition to resolve my issue.

Back
Top Bottom