• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Black Nitride coating

Does anyone know who does Black Nitride coating ? Around mass or anywhere with quick TA times.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's probably a case of:

Good
Fast
Cheap

Pick any two... If it's good and fast, it won't be cheap. If it's fast and cheap it won't be good...

from their company profile it doesn't look like they will do individual/single item work.
I emailed them. we'll see what they say or if they reply at all.

Carbon Nitride Coating, (also known as DLC or Diamond Like Coating) requires high voltage Plasma and a Vacuum Chamber. It requires a lot of process development for any particular part and geometry.

Unless you have a large volume of parts to coat, you are not going to have much luck.

What are you trying to coat?

There is a place in Worcester who is an ffl that does all kinds of coatings. The business name is Black Oxide.

I have never used them but I have been told they do good work and have the ability to do a wide variety of finishes.

Address and Phone #
Address: 100 Grand St #3, Worcester, MA 01610
Phone: (508) 757-0340

Carbon Nitride Coating, (also known as DLC or Diamond Like Coating) requires high voltage Plasma and a Vacuum Chamber. It requires a lot of process development for any particular part and geometry.

Unless you have a large volume of parts to coat, you are not going to have much luck.

What are you trying to coat?

This

Hi end gun builders who offer these finishes will send out parts in large batches. Contact one of them to include your parts in one of their batches. One I know of is Atlas gunworks. http://atlasgunworks.com/Do not expect super quick turnaround.

Check out Jon Wolfe down in NC. He sends out batches of parts and actions for nitride coating. Great prices and good turnaround time if you send it close to the batch date.

email shade
[email protected]

http://blacknitride.com/

I was quoted 200.00 to nitride my 1911 with a turnaround of 4-5 days, you must completely disassemble you're pistol and do not include aluminum parts or springs. I haven't done it yet but im close to making the decision. My sig xo has the nitride finish and i love it, around 600 rounds fired and the coating isnt even wearing from the slide rail contact areas.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom