• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Birchwood Casey Lead Remover Cloth

Curious to know if anyone else has used this product. I saw a review and tried it out. Amazing results.

My revolver had burn rings on the cylinder. I scrubbed those damn things with a brass bush for 1/2 hour using Ed's Red, Hoppes, and ballistol. Minimal removal. I got this cloth from Birchwood Casey and in 5 minutes the rings were gone. It cleaned up the rest of the difficult areas easily as well.

https://www.birchwoodcasey.com/Cleaning-and-Maintenance/Cleaning-Maintenance/Lead-Remover-and-Polishing-Cloth-6-x-9.aspx

Has anyone else used this stuff?

Any similar products that folks have used?

just keep those things away from bluing
Yup +1

Otherwise, my stainless revolvers look nice and shiny after a day at the range. Any residual carbon (especially on the cylinder) is wiped away with a minimal effort.

I usually cut off small 2"x2" patches to work with. One of those squares goes a long way. So the pack can last a while.

Yup +1

Otherwise, my stainless revolvers look nice and shiny after a day at the range. Any residual carbon (especially on the cylinder) is wiped away with a minimal effort.

I usually cut off small 2"x2" patches to work with. One of those squares goes a long way. So the pack can last a while.

When I first opened the package I was bummed thinking it would go quick. Same as you say though I used about a 2x2 inch piece and it did all the work needed.

Last edited:
I use one on my S&W 686, 625, and 642 especially on the cylinder face. It removes all of the blackening that comes from the powder ignition.
The smell does take some getting used to.

Great product for my revolvers. I bought two packs about two years ago and still have one unopened. A little goes a long way.

The cylinder of my 686+ starts to spin when it sees that it's going to get a rubdown with the Birchwood Casey lead remover cloth.....

Yeah when they say stainless only they mean it... whatever is in those things will strip off finishes.

Back
Top Bottom