“Lewis Lead Remover” . . .

Does anyone use the “Lewis Lead Remover” to clean the lead out of their guns. I just caught their add and thought I’d ask. It seems rather decent although I don’t think I shoot enough yet to have to use it... perhaps in the future. Video below:
gunline.gif
516100038.jpg

All About Lewis Lead Remover – Handgun, Rifle & Shotgun
This video demonstrates the advantages and how to use the Lewis Lead remover tool.
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/GunTech/NewsletterArchive.aspx?x=v&p=0&t=1&i=889

They are an excellent tool for people who weren't paying attention to what they shot and/or how much. Ask me how I know............

I bought mine after buggering up the bore of a new Ruger by shooting SWAGED bullets through it FIRST, instead of using a box of jacketed ammo to burnish the bore. Big mistake; a mere bore brush barely touched that accumulation.

The LLR took a few swipes (you adjust the pressure on the copper screen by tightening the nut. Start out fairly light and keep increasing the pressure. It also cleans the forcing cone, which a bore brush does not.

I started carrying jacketed ammo in the range box and using it to clean the bore after each box or two of lead ammo. I also used hard-cast, except for specific target applications.

Have not had problems since, including the Glock. My LLR is a talisman; as long as I have it in the cleaning box, I won't need it again.

Especially as I shoot poly-coated or jacketed ammo almost exclusively.

Back
Top Bottom