Bill Maher blasts gun-sales spike during outbreak: 'So American ... I'll shoot the virus!'

Reptile

NES Member
"Real Time" host Bill Maher took Americans to task on Friday night for how they're responding to the coronavirus outbreak.

Maher gave his opening monologue without a studio audience, following several other late-night shows this week as a precaution from spreading the virus. He began by praising the "social distancing" and "no shaking hands" advice people have been following.

That's "how people should behave anyway," he said.

But the HBO star pivoted to some of the habits that have been adopted in recent days.

"There's a new trend in Europe where they're tapping on the elbow. Why? Why touch at all?" Maher asked. "What's the point of touching someone when you meet them -- to verify that they're not a ghost?"

"There's a new trend in Europe where they're tapping on the elbow. Why? Why touch at all?"
— Bill Maher
He continued, "Could we try to just get through this without doing stupid s--- to make it worse?"

Maher knocked the high demand for toilet paper and the stereotyping of Asian people, including referencing the coronavirus as the "Wuhan flu."

"It started in China, it has nothing to do with that. I hear people calling it the 'Wuhan flu.' This is a little insensitive," Maher said. "That's my message here. Just don't do stupid s--- to make it worse.

"You know what's up? All the businesses are closed in America -- except gun sales.

"So American," he said. " 'I'll shoot the virus!'... We don't do smart stuff in this country."

Poor little soyboy Bill Maher..LOL
Because I'll take my 9x19 over your 911 anyday!
Why would anyone want a firearm? Maybe because we live in crazy times..Hmmm...
People are getting desperate and when they do they harm innocent people!
Go back to your gated community. Because you hate our southern wall so much![rofl2]
Climb back in your tool box, you tool bag![slap]

Poor little soyboy Bill Maher..LOL
Because I'll take my 9x19 over your 911 anyday!
Why would anyone want a firearm? Maybe because we live in crazy times..Hmmm...
People are getting desperate and when they do they harm innocent people!
Go back to your gated community. Because you hate our southern wall so much![rofl2]
Climb back in your tool box, you tool bag![slap]
He calls 911 when we call 9mm

I think I watched about 30 seconds of Bill Maher once many years ago before I stopped watching TV all together. Couldn't stand him then and he's even more irrelevant now.
Guys like him won't survive ten minutes in hard times.

If there’s a lot of gun sales no one’s listening to Bill Maher.
I think there is another thread where they said Asians were buying a lot of guns.

When Trump got elected the gays bought guns. Now the Asians. Wonder who is next.

And they still all vote for anti gun idiots.

Vote pro 2A and always have guns with you in case......when will they learn?

Last edited:
Isn’t this the same a**h*** that is for a major recession this year to hurt Trump so as not to get re-elected and when someone reminded him it would most people as well he stated something like sacrifices will need to be made...

I made my scarf ice already. I called HBO and told them to take batman off the air or I would cancel my HBO....needless to say, he is still on and I am not a subscriber.

Eh. His monolouge isnt even bad. If taken out of context and cut and pasted into a forum it's bad.

Maher has a lot of standard left ideals, that said he's battled high profile leftists over other hard core left beliefs. His "wuhan flu" comment was tongue and cheek, as he compared it to herpes and cochellea. Both go hand in hand, so it was a slight at making fun of people being over critical of calling it Wuhan flu.

Eh. His monolouge isnt even bad. If taken out of context and cut and pasted into a forum it's bad.

Maher has a lot of standard left ideals, that said he's battled high profile leftists over other hard core left beliefs. His "wuhan flu" comment was tongue and cheek, as he compared it to herpes and cochellea. Both go hand in hand, so it was a slight at making fun of people being over critical of calling it Wuhan flu.
He has occasional broken clock moments but he's still mostly an oxygen thief. Of course some of this is structured talking head news programming, the slant of the speaker is usually a preplanned bias of sorts. People paying enough attention start to figure out that 75% of the opinions are fabricated out of whole cloth to press certain buttons in the desired demographics.

I guess he's pissed that he sold his S&W stock.

AOBC just crumped due to poor Q4 sales, now bouncing back up
so volatile along with everything else right now
it might be a decent buy now, but zero dividend and the reality is gun sales require FTF interaction - will get crushed during the incoming prolonged isolations

Is Maher high enough on the food chain to always be accompanied by four a**h***s in a 2x2 cover formation or does he take his chances like he expects ordinary people to?

He has occasional broken clock moments but he's still mostly an oxygen thief. Of course some of this is structured talking head news programming, the slant of the speaker is usually a preplanned bias of sorts. People paying enough attention start to figure out that 75% of the opinions are fabricated out of whole cloth to press certain buttons in the desired demographics.

not so sure. both sides immediately dismiss each other for X, Y, Z reasons. We're at the point where the disagreement is mostly due to the color of shirt. He say's crazy shit. So do I. So does Trump.

If everyone agreed on policy... well that would get boring quick.

not so sure. both sides immediately dismiss each other for X, Y, Z reasons. We're at the point where the disagreement is mostly due to the color of shirt. He say's crazy shit. So do I. So does Trump.

Meh, I still think most of it is fake/inauthentic bullshit. This is a hard thing to explain, but if you pay attention to certain political commentators it pretty obvious when the opinion is organic vs some calculated bullshit to do something. In other words, this is a troll job. Nobody with brain cells writes something like
this and doesn't think in the middle of it "wait, this has no point" except here its pretty obvious, he's trying to attract fire to himself to pump up ratings, etc. It's not about delivering content or meaningful discussion or even being entertaining as it is pulling a base instinct appeal" hack to pump ratings by exploiting a natrual
human tendency for haters to pay attention to the things they hate or to simply watch the burning trainwreck or whatever. Media relies on sensationalism to drive some of its viewership.

If everyone agreed on policy... well that would get boring quick.

It's far worse than that the media fags don't like it when people agree on ANYTHING, because a peaceful discussion where the parties involve all benefit from one another, even if some is more than others etc, does not make for enough gonads and strife for faggot tv rating bullshit.

Also, not to mention, some of the best solutions to the worlds problems are completely f***ing boring. Think about it- if you set up a law, or policy, where both sides get most of what they want, then the media faggots suddenly have nothing to talk about, or far less to talk about. Nearly all of the best law or policy changes
that resulted in net improvements on the whole are almost invisible. Fun examples- you don't hear people talking shit about Portugals drug decrim policy much, outside of a few sidebar articles that look at it and how it works etc. Or you don't hear much about how, at the time, LePage's welfare reform changes in Maine were very successful; because problems getting solved isn't exciting. Newspapers like to write about the building catching on fire but you never see an article after its over because "thats too boring".

They inherently don't want people to solve problems, because it reduces their power and influence. Conflict and crisis, benefit numerous enemies of freedom, including the mainstream media.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom