Bikale shotgun?

Has anyone heard of a shotgun made by Bikale, which I believe is a Russian company? Looking for info on the shotgun, preferably a source from which to purchase one if they're available in Mass. Thanks.

Hold on, I found some more info ...

The Baikal line was taken over by Remington and marketed originally a couple of years ago as "Spartan by Remington."

I think they're now sold as the Remington SPR Series.

Remington only has the US distribution tied up. The guns are available all over the world.
They have always been reliable and well designed, but marginally finished. I've seen some of their products disassembled and they are finished very nicely inside but rough on the outside. The break action guns need to be broken across your knee, until you get them broken in. I've never heard of anyone wearing one out.
I'm still waiting for the 45-70 double rifle, but not holding my breath. Remington will not release them until they are safe with +P+ loads, and that's not likely to happen anytime soon. The double rifles are available in all of the markets that Remington doesn't control.

The Mass Junior Conservation Camp has two of the 12ga single barrel trap guns. They have a 29.5" barrel, multi choked and ported. Not bad for around $250. At that price I didn't hesitate to put the stock on my chop saw and take an inch off so as to fit the campers better.

I can't vouch for their shotguns, but I do have a Baikal air gun. The IZH-46M. It is one sweet shooter, the trigger is great. Can hold its own up against air guns costing 5x as much.

Baikal is a quality manufacturer. Their products, like most Russian products, are built with function and reliability first and look last.

I had a double barrel exposed hammers coach gun. It worked very well, but wasn't very pretty. (very poor finish) For what I paid for it new, it was a great buy.

I hunt with a 20 gauge Spartan O/U with great success. They are utiltarian shotguns to be sure but they are rugged, accurate, and will last many many years. I've got about 1000 shells through mine and it's just now becoming easier to break. I've been toying with the idea of stoning the pin or joint (depending on where the tightness is occuring) but for now, I'm used to it. My wife shot trap with it for the first time just last week and learned to open it easily enough.

It's a very affordible way to get into multiples of shotgun gauges and I trust Remington implicitly.

Rome

Back
Top Bottom