Biggest liberal sob story ever in Globe

[rofl2] +1 for you!

Guess I'm a liberal then... I don't see where it's a bad thing that the would-be stickup artist has a come-to-mohammed moment. If he straightens his life out and finds another way to feed his kids, that's a GOOD thing, right?

A guy who produced more kids than he can support, a guy who can't find a job to provide for his basic needs in NYC? I don't think so.

Guess I'm a liberal then... I don't see where it's a bad thing that the would-be stickup artist has a come-to-mohammed moment. If he straightens his life out and finds another way to feed his kids, that's a GOOD thing, right?

On NES, yes, that would be a wacky insane left of Michael Moore stance. Here the only appropriate response to a robbery is executing the perp. Preferably while he is unconscious. [shocked] [wink]

[rofl2] +1 for you!

+1 Ross.

If the guy would have blown the guy away he would have been within his rights. HE looked into that ma's eyes, WE did NOT.

This is the whole freaking point of the second amendment. WE HAVE A CHOICE.

If that's what the guy thought was the right thing to do then credit to him. And all in all it's a VERY pro-2A argument. A shopkeeper saves his life and livelihood with a firearm. And then Chooses to show mercy.

I don't know what you guys are so upset about.

If that's what the guy thought was the right thing to do then credit to him. And all in all it's a VERY pro-2A argument. A shopkeeper saves his life and livelihood with a firearm. And then Chooses to show mercy.

I hope that the next person this scumbag decides to rob will have a gun as well.

For all the Christians on this forum, ask yourself: What would Jesus Do?

Jesus_gun.jpeg

A guy who produced more kids than he can support, a guy who can't find a job to provide for his basic needs in NYC? I don't think so.
I've seen people who lost jobs through no fault of their own and who were desperate. I've been hungry enough that I did not know how I would eat until the end of the week (when I would get paid). Not having been there, I cannot say for sure that this guy can't turn his life around.

And before you scoff at not being able to find a job in NYC, I have a good friend who is in JUST that situation. She's worked FIFTEEN DAYS this year. Yes, in NYC. She's living on savings at the moment.

For all we know, this was the first time this guy got desperate enough to stoop to robbery. Maybe he really WILL turn his life around. I'd sure like to hope so, anyway.

And if not, then perhaps the NEXT shop keeper he tries to rob won't be so merciful. Kudos to this shopkeeper, though.

If we killed his cat too would it work for you?!?
NO! You leave his cat alone. [slap]

Barbarian.

I never suggest it WASN'T a good thing if he turned his life around. I just doubt he had an actual conversion, but hey, I wasn't there so I don't know. I hope it's true.

Looks like the Globe left out an interesting aspect of the story:

He told the burglar to help himself to bread, and milk. When Sohail turned to open the cooler, the thief perhaps worried his luck had run out turned and fled.

"I've known Mo a long time. He's a great guy," one deli patron said. "You can't live in fear."

When asked if he hopes his actions left a lasting impression on the crook, Sohail said, "I hope the guy learning, listening, what I did for him, that he be a nice person on this community."

The unknown thief was gone. His direction ... unknown.

Sohail put down the milk. He'd already decided not to press charges.

When the suspect took off without the milk but with the bat, bread and $40, Sohail called 9-1-1.

http://wcbstv.com/watercooler/bizarre.deli.robbery.2.1028715.html

He fled with the bat. Maybe he belongs to a softball league.

You realize that's far from a pro-gun image, right? Jesus, scurged, bleeding, crowned with thorns on the way to Calvary carrying the instrument of his torment - in this case a gun? It's equating a rifle with the thing that tortured and eventually killed Jesus.

The cross is sacred to Christians because Jesus offered himself up for death to redeem the worlds sins on one of the most horrid executions methods - crucifixion. The cross is sacred because it reminds us of exactly how Jesus suffered for our sakes.

Like I said, not a very strong pro-gun image.[laugh]

You realize that's far from a pro-gun image, right? Jesus, scurged, bleeding, crowned with thorns on the way to Calvary carrying the instrument of his torment - in this case a gun? It's equating a rifle with the thing that tortured and eventually killed Jesus.

The cross is sacred to Christians because Jesus offered himself up for death to redeem the worlds sins on one of the most horrid executions methods - crucifixion. The cross is sacred because it reminds us of exactly how Jesus suffered for our sakes.

Looks to me like he's carrying it to a nice spot to set it up. I think they'd have a hard time nailing him to a 50 BMG.

The guy needed to take the bat to trade up for a knife. The guy could have gone into the place and done a grab and screwed and nobody would have thought a thing. A simple grab and screw to feed the family!

He chose instead to enter an establishment with a bat and threat of doing harm to the proprietor. May have even done so except for the rifle! The gun and the gun alone in his face was what sent him to his knees and not remorse.

Perhaps he will go straight or perhaps he will just make sure he is better armed and prepared the next time and the guy in the shop won't be so lucky!

Do you have the store's address? I can use a spare $40, though I have plenty of bread...

Also noted in the story on the news yesterday - The shop keeper has the rifle in the shop but it is not loaded with Ammo. There is a trusting soul pulling an empty gun on someone willing to commit robbery.

If the guy would have blown the guy away he would have been within his rights. HE looked into that ma's eyes, WE did NOT.

This is the whole freaking point of the second amendment. WE HAVE A CHOICE.

I hate it when I agree with you [smile]

Also noted in the story on the news yesterday - The shop keeper has the rifle in the shop but it is not loaded with Ammo. There is a trusting soul pulling an empty gun on someone willing to commit robbery.
Well he better load it now because someone's gonna go in there for some money and a free rifle.

Well our anger and frustation is really getting the best of us today...isn't it? Somebody uses a firearm to deter a crime and then shows a little compassion and we denigrate the good guy because he was good on two counts: 1. he stopped a crime 2. he did a good deed...so now we make fun of him because he took a chance with somebody.

The world is full of desperate and frankly stupid people. I don't know if the perp will change his ways or not of if he really needed the money to feed his family. Does it really matter? If he is a bad guy he is going to end up in the system anyway.

There is a lot of frustration simmering under the surface around here. A lot of you claim to be Christians, Scouts or fomer Scouts, Masons etc. All organizations which emphasize showing compassion to your fellow humans, yet you seem to want blood for a petty thief.

The cynic in me tells me that the perp will not change his ways, yet why vilify the good guy for being good?

Mark056

The cynic in me tells me that the perp will not change his ways, yet why vilify the good guy for being good?

Mark056

OK, fair enough. My initial reaction to the story was "wow, they presented this in such an anti-gun, bleeding-heart way." Which, I think is true. However, if you consider what really transpired, it is quite pro-gun. This bat-wielding thief was converted into a crying baby at the point of a gun, and promised to never rob again. And the owner showed compassion, so fantastic.

The moral of the story: the barrel of a rifle is an excellent way to make criminals see the errors of their ways, and save their souls!

I call BS on the "hungry family" bit. How much crack can one purchase with $40 nowadays anyway?
When I need to feed my family I get a f__king JOB!

+1, I find these "Jesus with guns" images to be idiotic. Not only are they disrespectful to Christian faith IMO, they make gun owners look like right-wing religious fanatical nutjobs. Not a great way to get support for firearms or for Christianity. I can't take anyone who uses these images even a little bit seriously...

Tell me, Delta L Varmint, what do you do when you CAN'T FIND A F__KING JOB? AND you've run out of unemployment insurance?

Just curious.

+1, no shit. Some people are so god damned self righteous on this board nowadays that they think everyone in the world lives just as they do. Not everyone has the same degree or education level as him, thus not everyone has the same employment options as him. And, even if you are highly educated and had a great job, if you lose it in this economy it's not quite as simple as "get a F___king job". You might have to take a much much lower paying job if you can even find that. Even the well prepared can't really expect their savings to keep them above water forever.

It's one thing to rip on welfare leaches and career criminals, it's another thing to be a self righteous prick who lives in a little bubble world where everyone is or *should be as well off as him.

Tell me, Delta L Varmint, what do you do when you CAN'T FIND A F__KING JOB? AND you've run out of unemployment insurance?

Just curious.

+1

Career criminals don't drop to their knees and beg for mercy.

As Bill Nance said earlier, we weren't there, we didn't look the man in the eyes. I could only hope that put in the same situation I would be able to have that much compassion for a guy that just threatened my life.

Back
Top Bottom